1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronic]Spanoulis says he won't return to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Red Glare, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBall Scientist

Do you guys know what the word TRANSLATED means?

2. Oldschool Fan

Oldschool Fan Member

Man you really are digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole. First you reply to
    With this
    So I answer your question with a legitimate answer and you say I am taking it out of context?

You really are going overboard trying to justify a player who no matter how you cut it didn't live up to his promise. Could he? Possibly, but he didn't last year. You can blame JVG, but no coach is going to keep playing a player who doesn't listen to criticism, doesn't work on the things the coach asks and then goes and cries to the media. Now he is crying that he can't adjust and using the proposterous comparison to slavery. Life is so bad for VSpan :(

I didn't think Span was a bad contract to bring in at the time and won't say it was a bad one in hindsight. I am still hopeful that the Rockets can package it with Sura's contract and some others for a team that had PFs and needs cap relief.

3. SmitingPurpleEm

Taking projected data and using it for analysis when there exists actual data is a sign of desperation. If an economist has actual data for the GDP of a certain quarter, he won't go back and use the projected GDP of that quarter. The only reason you would do so is because the actual data matches horribly with your projection and doesn't support your claim i.e. your projection was wrong and you're desperate.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2007 knows more than 2006.

SamFisher knows more than Spanoulis jockboys.

And so does reality.

Worst PER and Roland Rating on the entire Rockets team, 2nd worst in +/- in 2006-2007.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3oMGlQXhHA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3oMGlQXhHA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a little confused why you are defending his long-range shooting so much. He definitely improved but even with that improvement he was incredibly streaky (2/3 one game, 0/5 the next). Further, if it was not an issue, then why did every scouting report, the Rockets, and Spanoulis himself say (repeatedly) that he needed to improve his shooting?

The same goes for turnovers, by the way. Ever since they got him on draft night, the Rockets have said he needed to lower his turnovers before coming to the NBA.

You seem to be suggesting that Sam has no clue or is alone on an island when in fact, on these two points, he is backed by scouts, the Rockets organization, people like Fran Fraschilla (don't know what you would call him - Euroleague "expert" consultant?), and even Spanoulis himself.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nah, we tell him that here, and he accepts it. :D

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

What this thread has taught me:

While the jury is still out on Moneyball in regards to how well it will work in the NBA, one thing's for sure: It has definitely given rise to people who look at stats and "analyze" them by comparing them haphazardly, then proclaim themselves to be Moneyball experts.

I'm just glad Morey has the educational background to thoroughly know the field of statistics and analysis. Otherwise, all the Moneyball talk in the world is absolutely meaningless.

P.S. BBall Wokchef, "guru" doesn't mean you're good at something, it means you're so good at it that people come to you for advice. I somehow doubt that's the case with you. You're more likely merely a fan of Moneyball, or maybe a self-taught student of it. Just sayin'.

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

rimbaud,

I would like to believe you, but I can't believe anything you say until you proclaim yourself a guru.

9. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

No Arguements from me. He quit on us, he is a non-factor in my eyes. Just wish the rest of this crap would go away so I don't have to read pages of crap to find out if there is any news of us dumping his quiting a$$!!

10. world0060

world0060 New Member

Spanoulis personal e-mail from a blog created to keep in touch with the Greek fans while gone in the NBA:
    spanoulis@sport24.gr

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think he will be back, and is venting right now. Morey will get him here. Patience is a virtue.

:D

DD

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Nonsense. No one is ill or having problems, he's just homesick and is unwilling to stick it out for only 1-2 more years... even with some decent time spent back home and the financial ability to retire and spend every waking hour with his family members for the remainder of his life.

He's under contract. Enforce it.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

patience is a virtue?! :eek: what have you done with DD ;)

14. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I second that emotion.

Don't care how good or bad he is. He quit, the Rockets won't release him because a two million contract that can be bought out for almost nothing is gold for trade situations. He'll get his wish to be released, just not from the Rockets.

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

i guess the silver lining is that until spanoulis becomes a stud ion the league, we wont have these threads anymore

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

A true champion is one who can wait for greatness but cannot stomach mediocrity.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Then by that definition, each of us here is a true champion because we all have been waiting a dozen years for greatness to come from this franchise.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I could try to pretend that I actually gave a crap about Spanoulis but the reality is that I always considered him to be no more than a marginal player anyway so I'm not affected in the least that he's chosen the "Bonzi" way out. They both won and lost games with him here and they will both win and lose games with him sitting on his butt in Greece. Actually, this opens up more playing time for Mr. Brooks so what's not to like?

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No, not if you have been stomaching mediocrity. ;)

That's why DD is a champion.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think many people would've been satisified to have a 2nd rounder turn into a Ginobody-lite for our roster.

The handling of him since last year has been poor and I blame management more than I blame him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.