1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(CHRONIC) Point guard wishes Rockets would extend contract to match his growing value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LpBryan03, Sep 29, 2010.

1. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

We're anything but a disloyal organization. It's extremely smart to see how he plays on a team that's full strength. If he doesn't jive as well when there's mouths to feed down low, then we need to move him Ariza-style for a piece that does fit our scheme.

We've seen life with a scoring PG. The ball shouldn't look like a forensic files crime scene lousy with finger prints.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Have you ever considered posting less?

2 people like this.
  3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Lowry is NOT a capable starter w/ Yao out there. I know you guys get emotional about our team, but I don't see any good from trading Aaron.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

just trade him while his value is high.

he owes his big year last year to a poor shooting Ariza and a Missing Yao.

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not worth the max but I do believe someone will over pay him. I think a lot will depend on Yao's health and how Houston does this season. If Yao's career is done and if Houston is struggling badly during the trading deadline, I could see Morey trading Brooks for picks or for someone else.

Overall, Brooks needs to wait in-line like everyone else. Just play the game and everything else will fall in place.

6. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Repped!

7. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Would you trade him to SAC for one of their young talents? I don't think you could get Cousins or Evans but they have other pieces that could help the Rockets...

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't think Sac would go for Brooks, don't think a scoring point guard would go well with Evans.

9. HAYJON02

Ever notice lame-os usually have a year in their moniker? :eek:

We know not what we do.

10. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

But SAC needs a player that can hit the outside shot. If you look at their roster, there's really no one that can hit the outside shot on the consistent bases.

11. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

WOW! All the AB hate coming out of the woodwork. You guys a ridiculous. This is the problem with fans. Its all about "what have you done for me lately"

12. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I don't really think people are hating. Hating would be if folks were saying he didn't really do much for us and stuff. I think folks realize that AB needs to back off on getting an extension and focus on playing the game. This year will show what type of player Brooks is when he isn't the main focus on offense.

13. HAYJON02

You think that training camp is an appropriate healthy place to air your compensatory dissatisfaction in the media?

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Ab is gona get paid regardless he needs to wait like everyone does, lowry and scola waited why cant he? Im sure that if this team goes deep in to the playoffs and he plays his butt off his value is gona be up there in the offseason, so why settle for potentially less money now? :confused:

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is truly lucky to be in a Princeton...

16. anchel

anchel Member

Teams won't give us nothing in exchange if he's gonna be FA next summer, and a FA calling for a lot of money. Maybe the best solution is come to an agreement sooner or later, a good agreement. Then trade him or keep him, anyway don't let him go for free.

17. HangTime

HangTime Member

Brooks is probably worried that he should've cashed out while Yao was out and he had big numbers because this year his numbers will be down if Martin ,Yao and co have a good year. If Brooks numbers go down so will the contract value.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Frankly, I agree with Brooks. He is the Nba's most improved player and he deserves a pay raise. There is no reason for him to be ranked number 10 in terms of salary on the Rockets. There is no way Jared Jeffries should have a higher salary than him.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It makes sense on both sides.

Morey isn't dumb with money, and his track record shows he isn't going to pony up and throw cash around when there isn't a competing bidder (Landry).

Brooks and his agents realize that his numbers are almost certainly going to come down this year, and he might not shine on a team where his role as a facilitator has become more emphasized than his need as a scorer.

They also know that the upcoming CBA is not going to make him richer. It's almost always better to have a grandfathered deal.

Like others have said, I'm not against selling high with Brooks. He's good, but one dimensional, and a shot-happy PG rarely takes you far in the playoffs.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am surprised by Brooks coming out asking for extension. What the hell...just play basketball ALREADY and when your contract is up...you will get a new contract. The only reason you're probably asking for extension is because you feel insecure. He had a great season...maybe he's afraid he can't duplicate the same performance and therefore lower his value and payment....dude just play out your contract and be quiet.

Extension of contract is something the management will do and it is really none of the players business to speak about it or request it.