1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] McGrady gets his minutes and a chance. Rockets get closure and a win.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 21, 2010.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol you seem to think that Morey will be as benevolent with second chances as Clutch has been :grin:

2. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Oh the ironing.

1 person likes this.
  3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I wish the rockets had made the trade earlier, it might have saved their season, but oh well. I don't think mcgrady will ever be the player he used to, but he can still be a good player. If i had a team with combo guards, he would be alot better with his passing skills. Of course everything depends on health as is with most players. Like if you had a backcourt with ellis and martin and mcgrady at the 3, that would work. Expecting him to be a high end scorer from years past is not going to happen.

4. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i dont think he'll comeback for cheap,but i think there will be talk about it on espn and stuff,but then the talk will just fizzle and he'll play somewhere else

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Haha, nice passive aggressiveness by Feigen. :grin: I love it.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

He did not even seem like he wanted to run yesterday, he was helping the Rockets alot more than he was "killing" us and I expected him to come out and drop atleast 20......... Meh, anyways........ Who knows what Mcgrady knows, maybe he does not want to be in New York.... Maybe he is still trying to heal.... Maybe he is done..... But It did seem to me like he still loves the Rockets and would have much rather been playing for Houston..... Meh Only time will tell......

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

EPIC FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

LOL true true

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Your "ability to tell some thing was a joke meter" seems to be broken. Don't worry, give it 3 years to get fixed and it will be back up to speed, detecting sarcasm and whatnot in no time. Grover electronics on 9th and Shepherd fixes em, give him a call. 281-330-8004

10. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I think he'll end up as a starter on a crappy team with a modest contract. He could get more then MLE, but I don't think there are many teams that could offer more then that, and plenty of FAs to shop from. His best shot is probably with NY, since there's familiarity.

Is there really a contending team that would take a chance on him, knowing that he's had history of dealing with management and of going to the media when he doesn't get the PT or whatever it is he thinks he deserves? If your contender, sure, he could add some extra to your team, but is it worth risking? If it's vet minimum, you can give a gamble and just banish him if it doesn't work out, but more then that and I think you've risked too much.

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

I think we had to wait till crunch time because NY was postering and trying to get McGrady without Hill, who was the guy we really wanted. Took waiting to get the deal we wanted.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol nice to see tmac and his old teammates still having fun. lots of fans don't understand but at the end of the day, its just a fun game of basketball. these guys have lives off the court too. Folks take sports way too seriously sometimes.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

too little too late for him.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Vintage McGrady yesterday. Guard the other team's worst player so you don't have to give any effort on D (although he managed to take that a step further by taking Hayes), don't play in transition, then disappear in the final minutes (how have we survived without this CLOSER?). And some people are even saying this has been his BEST game so far.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

In Tmac's case it's more like "they just quit on the team" or "shave points". What Tmac did that Toronto game was inexcusable, and I think he got a cut of whatever was made in Vegas that night. I used to defend Tracy alot in the past but after review that game over and over again. He's just a dirty player that deserves no respect.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

trade earlier being taking the pistons offer?

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

$100 to the tip jar if McGrady averages 20-5-5 next year (provided he plays at least 50 games out of 82). Hell, $30 if he's given a contract equal to the MLE.

I will say that McGrady impressed me with how effective he was in the first quarter yesterday. And I highly doubt he asked D'Antoni to hide him by guarding Chuck (though I also doubt he argued against it). That said, we just saw McGrady at his most motivated since his debut game vs the Thunder.

LOL @ D'Antoni "I don't play bad rookies" - Hill would have been his top big off the bench.

From the NY Post (Marc Berman):
    LOL

#37 emjohn, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  18. da_juice

da_juice Member

McGrady and Iverson are in the same sinking boat that is their careers, there's two life jackets(giving up the starting position and becoming a 6th or 7th man) there's just one problem, there heads are two big to get the life jackets on.