1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronic: Maybe Rockets' Landry should say so long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 25, 2008.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes sir,Morey has made up his mind. Brent Barry is the "big" signing of the off season. He believes he can get a trade done during the upcoming season which will according to him will make us a real contender.

#41 saleem, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

i've said it a,illion times already. Landry is done playing good basketball in the NBA.

he's pretty much done.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Not really. How long does a physical take, minutes/hours? The Rockets are worried he won't last 82 games.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

What do you base this on? Just out of curiosity.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Not only that.

Can Landry produce at the same rate if he plays heavy minutes?

Landry only played 42 games averaged only 17 mpg. It's very different playing 30+ minutes than 17 minutes.

That's why it's so risky to give a big contract to Landry after half season limited minutes performance.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Landry should do whatever is in his best interests.....

I hope he signs with the Rockets, but we are going to have to wait.

DD

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

Meh, let him go to Europe. He obviously isn't confident in his knee, which means there's probably something more seriously wrong with him.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Agreed, I've had enough of this, let's use some of that MLE on JR Smith and move on.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why is he not confident in his knee....because the team asks for more tests when it's time to pay...but didn't need to see anything else last postseason when it was time to play???

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

fixed

11. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

You make it sound like Morey is making a huge mistake tho. What would you do? Its not like there is this obvious trade we can pull out of our ass that would give us the right pieces we need. Outside of handing the MLE to backups (Posey), there really isn't an MLE move we could make. I think he's making the right decision in waiting.

12. saleem

No I don't think it's a mistake. I wish we had more flexibility, but he doesn't have a choice.Making the big trade is going to be very tough.

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Is it Landry's decision or just scared agent who might just loss his percentage cut? I don't think Landry is really that injured badly on his knee, i really think that this is one of those agent type of scared tactics to opted out of those medical exam that Rockets wanted to get him to fat payroll. His agent is just being A$5! :mad:

14. saleem

My opinion is that both of them are scared. Landry and Buddy Baker both stand to lose money if a extensive exam shows more damage than expected. If a knee scope shows little damage then Landry obviously will benefit from it.

15. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

A scope a not a surgery either

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Last scope I had an anesthesiologist was in the operating room...

"Surgery can involve cutting, abrading, suturing, laser or otherwise physically changing body tissues and organs."

Knee arthroscopy

Definition:
    Knee arthroscopy is surgical procedure in which a small camera is used to examine tissues inside the knee joint. Additional instruments may be inserted to repair the knee.

Alternative Names:
    Knee scope - arthroscopic lateral retinacular release; Synovectomy; Patellar debridement

http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/002972.htm

What do you call it....

T_Man

17. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I'm sure Landry can walk in to any Doctor and get his knee check up privately! Someone needs to walk this kiddo to the right path.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Getting a mole cut out is surgery. A scope is considered non-invasive surgery.

19. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I think if he was smart, he would just take accept the qualifiying offer and be unrestricted next year. If he thinks his knee doesn't need to be scoped. If he makes it through the 82 game grind playing heavy minutes, then he gets a payday. If he wants to make some money know then get the knee scoped, he's out for a week at most unless they find something.

I think all of this came about when he hurt his knee at the end of the season and he didn't play for an unusually long time for a bruise. That was because of Buddy too. moron.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Your point is true, however the flipside is also that Tmac, Rafer, and Battier played through pain/injuries during the playoffs for the good of the team and then each immediately had surgery once the offseason came.

So it could be that Morey intended and requested Landry to have the scope done long ago (as he's been quoted as saying) and not just now during contract negotiation time...