1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: VY Impresses Kubiak

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Dec 6, 2006.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Member

I'm a Texans fan and will always root for them, but McNair and co. is just making it so damn hard. It's kind of funny that the owner of the hometown franchise is "hoping" for a home-field advantage.

I know you're suppose to praise the other team, but I thought this was pretty hilarious...

Kubiak on VY: The thing that he's doing that's exceptional is ... making plays (on) third-and-8, third-and-9. ... He's bailed his team out of some situations

Kubiak on Carr: It got to the point that it looked like all he was doing was hurting us. So we decided to run the ball."

McNair might be honest when he says there's no suprise by what (VY) has done, but I guess he's suprised that Carr has had another crap year? The poll at the end cracks me up.

2. updawg

updawg Member

"I remember that game vividly — every snap," Carr said.

I wonder if he remembers getting benched.

Another good article by Mcclain about being a true fan. I wonder if meowgi and RM95 helped write it.

I know this must be McNairs worst nightmare, but he has no one else to blame but himself. He listened to Casserlys dumbass way too long

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

LOL ...

4. gucci888

gucci888 Member

"Did Cowboys fans who wanted Drew Bledsoe benched cheer for the Texans? Did Redskins fans who were fed up with Mark Brunell cheer for the Cowboys? Of course not."

What the hell does this mean? Why would they cheer for the other team because they want their QB benched? The problem is that the QB a lot of people wanted is on the other team, not on our bench.

I usually agree with everything McClain writes but that wasn't a good article IMO. Especially trying to blame CC for not picking VY. CC has made some HUGE draft mistakes in his time, but don't try to convince me that he was the one that made the decision to pass on VY. You have an owner and a brand new coach, and you're trying to tell me the decision was made by the GM who was stepping down the next week?

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

great thread gucci!
    basically kubiak says 'im not the gm, dont look at me'

6. updawg

updawg Member

I don't buy that at all and if its true than McNair is even more of a moron for listening to a GM on his way out the door, thats had a 4 year history of terrible decisions
    Just thinking about Casserly pisses me off :mad:

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Another Vince Young thread without 22 posts from DaDakota??? What gives??

:confused:

9. msn

msn Member

The night is still Young!!

(lord, that was corny)

10. Dubious

Dubious Member

Kubiak on VY: The thing that he's doing that's exceptional is ... making plays (on) third-and-8, third-and-9. ... He's bailed his team out of some situations

Just like he did every freaking game he played in High School and College.
    Did the Texans scout's just leave out 4th and 18 against Kansas????

How many times does he have to do it before you understand he's supernatural?

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Don't worry, if he gets inducted into Canton some day 20 years from now Ric will be posting on the interweb from his flying car about how we're a bunch of idiots who don't understand football and how we should get off Young's jock because he really wasn't that good...then Merrill Hoge will blast the HOF for selecting a guy who was really an incomplete player as he only played to his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses.

#11 SamFisher, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  12. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

Guess Casserly didn't go to that game and Kubiak was busy watching old Carr tapes.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What INTANGIBLES, LEADERSHIP....HUH.....getting his players to elevate their play by energizing them.

How can that be....RIC....help me out here, you argued so vehemetly that there was no such thing.

Well, I guess you were WRONG....huh?

:D

DD

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He just has that . . . . 'SWAGGAR!!!!"

Rocket RIver

15. the futants

the futants Member

i just threw up a little in my mouth...

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

Vince's attitude is contagious. Every team he has been on catches it. The Texans could definately use some of that attitude in the worst way.

17. updawg

updawg Member

Not according to many around here

18. vator

vator Member

this just keeps turning the screws

19. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Its funny how McNair always call Vince a good athlete but never says he's a good quarterback. Whats up with that.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Because he's racist. :rolleyes: