1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CHRON--To Francis, new arena brings excitement that translates into winning atmospher

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Sep 13, 2003.

1. jiggaj

jiggaj Member

Junkyard - I know exactly what you're saying but the whole "300 times" thing doesn't lend to that explanation. Honestly, it's really not important. I just find it upsetting that after 8 years with the pinstripe nightmares, the Rockets got it wrong again. Clearly anything is better, but why just be better? Why isn't the new arena "like almost as good as the new uni's." That's how it should be.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I see your pt...if he's happy w/ the arena (and w/ the unis), he coulda said it a better way. Then again, I don't think Francis is known for choosing his words wisely, u know. But I say, regardless of ure feelings for the logo, hold off judgement on the uniforms until we get to see them, in their actual entirety (not the sideshot of Cat, not the shoulder shots from the posters in the Chron and especially not the NBA Live screen shots).

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

If that were true, how come home teams win over 60% of the time? Home court advantage is huge in the NBA, and if a new arena brings in more fans and more excitement, it will have an impact.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That's how it should be? I just don't understand how anyone could think new uniforms could possibly be as cool as a new stadium. That's like getting a new car and saying " yeah, it's cool, but the best thing is these awesome cupholders".

5. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

Hmm.... what deduction and reasoning skills help you to come up with this conclusion? :)

6. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

Does all the banter really matter, if the Rocks start winnin? We could have the coolest uni's in the league, but they're not gonna win us a championship. That's up to the players and coaches. It's really not that big a deal, The Rocks and Tim know wut they're doin. Give em a chance. By the way, weren't the unio's supposed to be shown to us in September?? Dayum....its like the 16th...im gettin impatient ova here.......

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to agree with RagingFire. How can you complain about someone's skills of deduction and then pull out this line about how the unis were targeted at an Asian audience and that hometown fans were neglected. Besides the xenophobic overtones, it sounds more than a little paranoid.

I think WinkFan has it just right too with his comparison. Francis knows that everyone's been talking about getting new unis and he's trying to express what a big deal the new arena is. Its importance far outweighs the importance of his uniform. He might be happy to get out of the PJs, but it affects his life in a much much much more dramatic way to leave the Compaq Center.

In your own line of work, which would be the bigger deal: the office changing the dress code or moving you from a dark little cubicle to a large corner office with a view of the bay?

8. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Very well put!

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Listen I have alot of asian friends and they are just OK with the new uniforms. I like the logo but I think they could have done more for the Uniforms. I would be more excited over the new facility than the uniforms too but it doesn't mean I don't like them. As long as they are better than the pinstripes then No Worries. If steve were to really start whining now I'd be ready to ship him out in a heartbeat. I like him but he is easily expendable for someone who won't whine and complain. We shipped quitten out I'm willing to ship francis out.