1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CHRON--To Francis, new arena brings excitement that translates into winning atmospher

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Sep 13, 2003.

1. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

Steve is a whiner we should all know that by now.

2. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Yeah and he is also one helluva basketball player who happens to play for our team, so if he's happy, I'm happy. ;)

3. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

the dude is a helluva talent but hes a WHINER

4. jiggaj

jiggaj Member

Jeff - You have got to have the absolute worst deduction and reasoning skills that I have ever seen. If someone points out that they like something 300 times more than another thing, they are trying to suggest that one thing is good and the other is not. There are no two objects that can both be liked when one is 300 times better than another. Not possible. Basically, Steve is saying that the arena is awesome to amazing while the jerseys are average to bad. They don't meet his expectations, they're not GREAT. Therefore, the Rockets did a poor job. Nothing short of GREAT is acceptable after the pajamas.

5. AirNigeria

AirNigeria Contributing Member

.....let the flaming begin!:eek:

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

damn Jeff, one post and you made it right to the top of jiggaj's Worst Deduction and Reasoning Skills list. some people take years. you must be proud.

7. SLA

SLA Member

oh my god...my head hurts. Please don't remind me of school...deductive and reasoning skills...UGH. Schools sucks!

Arena is nice. I agree with him.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

At least his first loyalty is to the Rockets.

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

My gosh - is it just me or could you actually smell the irony when he said that?

I would say most clutchcity bbs members are in no position to call Steve a whiner.

Jiggaj - it's not a debate, it's just something he said to express how excited he felt about the new building. Try to look at the big picture - he's gotta be happy to be getting out of the pajamas and he's thrilled to be playing in a new arena. That's it - that's all the man was trying to say.

10. farhan007

farhan007 Member

its useless arguing with a Yao only fan... What if i told you Yaonotyo that your god, yao, is freakin weak!!!!

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

first off i could care less whether steve likes the new unis or not. if i like them, and so far i really really do, then the marketing team and tim has done their job. it's simple but with a little twist and i think that's what people asked for.

as for steve, he's never said anything bad about the unis so i have to believe he atleast finds them acceptable. whether he just is that crazy about the new arena or he was actually making a crack on the unis is hard to tell without hearing his voice. i don't get where the steve is whining part came from.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

man...no wonder I stopped coming to the GARM thread.

....waste of my time to argue this...

Stevie "FRANCHISE" the heart of this team rocks. Who cares if he whines....so far you Whine more than him.

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Let's hope that Francis likes the new arena 1000 times more than the OLD clown uniforms.

14. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

I have to agree with this.
    1st bad post from Jeff ! :)
    BTW, from what little I've seen of the new uni, I don't blame Steve either!

#34 ragingFire, Sep 14, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the best home court advantage is winning. When the team wins, the home court advantage helps alot, but I haven't seen a team who is mediocre have home court advantage and all of a sudden becomes elite. Its all about winning and thats nothing the fans can do to change the game like that.

16. Panda

Panda Member

Who cares if Francis likes the new unis or not? You can't please all the people at one time.

17. jiggaj

jiggaj Member

And just as a postscript, I wasn't trying to attack Jeff with my point. I just think it is blatantly obvious from Francis' statement that he wasn't altogether pleased with the new uniforms. That combined with the majorly negative reaction to the new logo of people on this message board is very upsetting. For some reason, I don't feel like the Rockets are too worried about anything but Yao and Yao's audience. The team's best player and local fans were neglected on this one. And while wins mean most in the end, I don't think Les Alexander should run for mayor anytime soon.

18. SLA

SLA Member

I just hope more people will go to games and support them!

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Couldn't have Francis just as easily meant this:

[Don't get me wrong and all, the new unis are great, but] "It was unbelievable, man. I like the arena 300 times more than the new uniforms."

I would hope a new area is 300x better than a uniform. Consider:
    Uniform = pieces of fabric sewn together to form a clothing
    garment for the players of a specific team.

New Arena =multi-purpose entertainment venue designed to
    accomodate 17,000+ people and containing state-of-
    the-art audio and video system, luxury suites, bars,
    restaurant, food/beverage stations, apparel shops,
    practice court, plush locker rooms, etc, etc, etc.

20. Axeman

Axeman Member

Whatever. If you are a badass player you can beat any team in any arena. All jokes aside, if a freaking $250 million arena is what it takes to make Steve Francis or anyone else on this team think they have a chance to win, then we're in trouble anyway.

The truly great players show up and kick butt anytime, anyplace. I'm happy to have a new arena but I don't think it's going to make the team better. Only hard work and teamwork will make that happen.