1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Chron] TMac UnHappy with lack of shots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

if you actually play basketball you'll realise how hard it is to get one in if you only shoot it once in a while.

however i do feel that the lack of shots tmac is getting or taking is because of his demeanour. the dude just looks like his given up, he slouches around the court and doesnt give nearly as much effort, maybe its just the way he looks, but if he began to be more active and ask for the ball and then be productive with it would really help his game.

I dun think the knee is tat much of an issue anymore he just needs to mentally play through it, even though his finding it hard but not everyhting in life is easy.

2. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

agreed, he passed up some open shots that he would normally take 2,3 years ago. to me that says somethign about his confidence. why would u pass up an open shot to give the same open shot to rafer... i mean your shooting bad but u have to keep shooting to get out of a slump... tats how rafer gets out of his slumps

3. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Tmac is not even one tenth the player he once was. I have a hard time to believe that his skill level would decline so quickly over the past 6 months. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

He is obviously still recovering from his surgery but he also has no fire in him now. Is he forcing a trade? :confused:

4. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

He has the freakin basketball 90% of the time running the offense why can't he just call his own number and do what he has to do.

I mean mean damm when he gets open looks he passes up the shot other than that he is chucking up prayers hoping something will just fall into the basket. Then on defense he just stands there with no energy

He doesn't want to admit that his game is rusty and he didn't work in the summer.

That is a TERRIBLE excuse

5. MD_in_Training

Oh, please. Don't bring that "if you actually play basketball" junk in here. There are plenty of people in the league who can come off the bench cold and jump into a game and make a basket.
    Furthermore, if his jumper isn't falling, then can take it to the hole. Jacking up contested jumpers all night long isn't the product of his lack of shots, it's purely mental.

6. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

The way that Coach Adelman still puts up with Tracy is puzzling to me. It is so obvious to everyone who has watched last a few games that Tracy has quit on his teammates and is so lazy on the court, I just don't understand why Coach A won't bench him.

You only need one "star" player anf his behavior to cause resentments among his teammates. I don't blame the struggles of other players. I only blame Tracy and Coach Adelman.

If they just let Tracy rest for whatever time it takes to get his psyche back, it will benefit this team tremendously. Right now, Tracy's laziness is not just bad play on his part, it is causing all the problems for the entire team.

7. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Dude really needs to get some stronger med's for his bi-polar condition.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is clearly a coaching issue. Whole team is out of sync and your superstar is not happy. Definitely a coaching issue. T-Mac is at fault too, but RA is more to blame.

I bet this wouldn't have happened had JVG been here.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tmac is trying to get Adelman fired.

DD

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Ridiculous. No way

He's just pouting and giving up because he has no heart

11. hrooo2002

hrooo2002 Member

Well, I am starting to think like this as well.

12. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

well maybe im a **** player then, but it takes me a few shots to get into the groove xP.
    well its true i wish to see him more aggresive as well but its mental cause he doesnt want to go right so his not as effective driving cause his scared of his knee. the docs have already cleared it...

i dunno im just frustrated that he isnt playing well. i would like to see him try harder and maybe actually cut without the ball once in a while.

all he does is get the ball in the midpost or at the 3pt line. he hardly does anything else. in 06-07 we ran him off heaps of screens and knocked down jumpers, now i have no idea wat it is but he just doesnt move!! its so frustrating.

13. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

either adleman needs to bench tmac, or adleman needs to go.
    maybe tmac is not playing well because of this.
    he is being super immature about this though.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

So he wanna be the focus of offense under JVG again?

He can't get the best of the motion offense and try not to move his ass on the court,just walking the ball every single time he had the ball in his hand.

If so,that ain't no joke he's a biggest loser I've ever seen.Nice try McLady.Keep it coming. :rolleyes:

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It seems more and more likely that is his goal.

16. Omer

Omer Member

WTF? All season it seemed like he DIDNT WANT the shots...and now he complains about not getting enough?

This is ridiculous, we all know that T-Mac needs to get shots and dominate at scoring because that's what he does best. But we also thought that he didn't want as many shots this year due to a combination of reasons.

The problem is, all season thus far it seemed that he wasn't getting that many shots because he was
    a) injured
    b) wanted to distribute
    c) lazy/lack of effort
    d) improve shot selection
    e) all of the above

How is he going to b**** about not getting enough shots when he's taking like 10 per game all season? If he wanted to shots I'm sure he would get them, but as far as I'm concerned he didn't. This statement seems to come out of nowhere considering how he has handled himself all season.

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed. He's usually a slacker but, yikes, tonight was a completely different level.

TSlack has given up. We should give up on him. Period.

18. Omer

Omer Member

By the way, I'm not a T-Mac hater. He is my favorite player by far, still, and was one of the reasons I became a hardcore Rockets fan.

19. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

He can talk all he wants, but the real problem starts to him... I hope he knows the meaning of the word EFFORT because I don't simply see it in his game... If he needs more touches, he needs to be aggressive... Everybody knows that he is the main focus of the offense but if he is going to stand and watch his teammates bust their butt, he shouldn't be surprise if he doesn't get a lot of touches...

20. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

I couldn't agree more... I'm probably one of TMac's diehard fan but watching your favorite player plays like that, it is very disappointing... I think I have one word to explain everything that you said, "E-X-C-U-S-E-S"...