1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: T-Mac could miss up to three weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by whoisray, Dec 30, 2007.

1. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Though officially listed as "day-to-day" and out tonight against the Warriors, Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said his time away to rehabilitate a sore left knee likely will be measured in weeks rather than days.

McGrady, 28, said Sunday he has been told he could miss three weeks because of a "deep bone bruise." He missed games last week against the Grizzlies and Raptors and doubts he will play Wednesday against the Celtics or Friday against the Magic.

"I'm the same," McGrady said. "They told me three weeks. I don't have a timetable. I can't do anything about it. It's not tendinitis. It's a deep bone bruise. I'm just doing therapy every day. I lost the strength in my leg. I'll see how I feel toward the end of the week, but Boston, doubtful, Orlando, doubtful."

McGrady, the Rockets' leader in scoring and assists this season, has been able to start and complete just one of the Rockets' past five games, going out at halftime Dec. 19 against the Magic and early in the second half Dec. 23 against the Pistons.

"He's making good progress," trainer Keith Jones said. "He's got the pain out. He's gotten stronger. We'll just take it day-to-day after tomorrow and see how he's feeling."

Link

2. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

3 weeks are good for T-Mac, come back for all star game. Well planned injury! :D

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

It's always something with this guy.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

He's killing my fantasy team :mad: :mad:

That's what I get for having faith in this guy :rolleyes:

5. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

It's gut check time! Is this team playoff worthy or not? Time to gitter done, Rockets! Just win baby! :p

6. whoisray

I didn't want to post my opinions on the original post. But if TMAC says it's a bone bruise, its the same injury Yao suffered almost the exact same time last year. Yao was out for about 3 months??

It's weird how Keith Jones is always saying day to day with no pain while TMAC is saying "3 weeks". Notice that they put quotation marks around deep bone bruise.

7. rocketshopeful

i pretty much expected him to not be back for a while.

anyways i hope we do good while hes out. hes so fragile, hell get another bruise midway through the season and be out again. He clearly does not like playing through any pain and thats fine. But lets carry-on. Its futile to monitor his status.

And yes, when he has a history of admitting he has slacked off before, his desire to play will always be questioned, whether he wants to play or not.

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

if thats tha case that he returns on time for his first game back to be tha all-star game, i really will be mad.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

10. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! watch us get owned our next three against GS, BOS, and ORL.

15-18

11. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

wah wah.... :rolleyes: my knee hurts wah wah......

it would be freakin hilarious if went like 7-0 w/out tmac :D

damn it he's going to hurt my fantasy team :mad:

12. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

He will choose a better time to come back. If Rox lose several game in a row and facing a weak opponent next, he will be fine to play and try his best to win that game. It will prove Rox cannot win without him.

Do you guys really believe such a guy can bring anything to Rox?

13. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

TMac is a ****ING Warrior! How can someone with tendinitis, I mean bone bruise, even give the local newspaper a interview, let alone travel with the team on road trips. We should sent the man out to Iraq right now if we hope to if we actually want to make progress out there. TMac, the great khan of warriors he is...

14. whoisray

15. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

16. choujie

choujie Member

Yao had a broken bone. Two different animals.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yao missed 3 months from a broken leg not a bone bruise.

18. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

I love how mcgrady hate basketball. he is a freaking r****d.

wtf is he thinking?

mcgrady says: weaker, worse, 3 weeks
    more reputable nba healthperson says: stronger, better, day to day

this guy has no heart, and will never win a championship (unless he is on inactive list, and yao eats spinach)

tmac is a mofo in my book. freakin p***y

19. newstart

newstart Member

That's expected. We are putting 20 millions in inventory and eating up interest.

20. rocketshopeful

I did believe so at one-time. that belief is slowly fading, or rapidly.