1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Survey gives Yao edge for ROY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Free Agent, Mar 16, 2003.

1. munco

munco Member

What is up with Cat's comments about Yao. He doesn't bash Yao, but as a teammate his comments are very questionable/odd. I've never heard anyone say that their teammate should be Co-Rookie of the Year, especially when their teammate is the favorite for the award. This coupled with the fact that Mobley has never given Yao any great comments is very bizarre. Teammates are suppose to say great things about their teammates, especially ones that exceed expectations.

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

The comment isn't a big deal but it's consistent with a lot of things he's said.

He is being reasonable but that's not the point.

If it's close, you always support your teammate.

3. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Cat just can't say NBA should give the ROY to Amare.

If he can, he will say it .

4. supermagichero

Like people said before, Cat is a cancer to the team. :D ( I don't remember who said it.)

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

For a religious person Mobley shouldnt hold this resentment against Yao Ming. Its almost childish, any sportsman knows that it doesnt matter how good you are, there is a time when there will be better players and emphasis will move away from you to them. If Mobley is the consumate team player he will drop his misplaced hatred of Yao Ming for reason of self preservation,or he might find himself a Clipper Shooting Guard come next season!

6. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Did anyone notice that Cat threw Yao a nice alley-oop the other day? :p

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Your melodrama use to bother me Yetti, now its just funny.
    Its up to Mobley to grow and and be a man is what you're basically saying. Which is true.

8. Sane

Sane Member

Yetti,

You are way off. In fact, I just came on to say that, despite his so-so support for Yao, he has been a perfect sportsman by playing within the system, and accomodating Yao & Francis' team. He hasn't frozen out any other players (ahem...earlier this season...ahem...then traded) and everytime he brings the ball up, he looks for YAO first.

I think it will be a good move for Mobley and the Houston Rockets is he moved this summer.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Matador, you are an ass. Mobley just showed some due respect to a great rookie in Amare. Yao did the same thing. You have to give respect to get respect. Maybe Cat was trying to improve himself as a man. There is nothing wrong with what Cat said.

10. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Wow, the Mobley hate is strong in this forum.

Can a player not give praise to someone on another team (as long as it's not Utah ;)) anymore? The truth is, Yao and Amare have as much shot as the other to getting the ROTY award.

11. jon

jon Contributing Member

I wonder if Yao and Cat switch the place and what Yao would say. I am pretty pretty sure Yao won't suggest a co-ROY just because Cat is his teammate. That's a enough reason for Yao to support him.

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

yeah but you must it admit its a little strange when we compare Cats quotes with his teammates.

Forget the fact that Yao's stats are better, and forget the fact that his more astute teammate(Mo T) is spot on when he says Yao presence on the court is more a factor and that does not show up in the stats. What Im concern about is why a teammate, a brother, a guy your going to war with out there, would not fully support his partner like Rice and Taylor did...and like every Phoenix player does for their guy. You know, like pull a Marbury and say: hey, our guy, No Contest!

#32 Texas Stoke, Mar 16, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

14. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

This thread has just show who likes to kiss Cat's ass. Didnt you notice very often these are the same people who has been dissing Yao, calling many of us Yao-only fans, and not true Rockets fans.

15. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

If someone asked Yao who is the better PG, Steve Francis or Stephon Marbury, I hope he would say Steve.

#35 RIET, Mar 16, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  16. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

Yao already said that he thought Steve is the best PG in the NBA.

17. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

amen

18. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I find it really hard to hate any Rockets player.

I may be mad at him for a game or two, but not enough to the point where I'd trash him all day long.

There's always exceptions *cough*Pippen

19. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

In all honesty I don't think cat was trying to show respect, I think he actually means what he said that Yao isn't better than Amare for ROY. I mean he has dissed every team out there even no.1 Dallas, and that has to be one of the most disrespecting words I have heard from a player about a team this year. It just wouldn't be consistent if he didn't mean it. My appologies if that's not what he meant than I don't know what he does mean.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unless the context was misrepresented or something, I guess Cat's brain hit another speed bump. If Amare and Yao end up sharing the award, then you say this sort of thing. As has been said, if all things truly are equal, you stand up for your teammate.

If there is any controversy here, Cat has created it. Sometimes it's better not to say anything.