1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Steve Francis ...finally ready to compete at practice for court time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 28, 2008.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Now he's going to have to compete with Luther too... Haha.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Notice all the guards from Rafer on up all of a sudden had great shooting games today :)

If thats all the Francis effect is just sitting on the side an other people play better, I'll take it.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

When Luther made a fast break layup, I think there was this black guy(I'm not PC) pretty pumped up giving Luther a high5...was that Steve? If it is then we've got a passionate Steve right there!

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Yeah that was Steve.

I like how Steve is at every game cheering the team on and I really hope he can get healthy and make an impact.

5. bucket

bucket Member

That's funny... I hadn't thought of it that way. I liked the glimpse we got after Luther's 3-point play. He's fired up and hopefully he'll be back before we know it.

6. Galaksy

Galaksy Member

LOL @ Stevey during the head fastbreak layup , he was on the floor

7. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

poor guy- that's the only way he can. :(

8. worzel gummidge

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/11/artest_rockets_want_more_we_go.html

9. rockets_fanatic

Steve Francis will be activated when he is ready. The Rockets are not dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.

10. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

I'm a little astonished at people posting in the other thread things along the lines of "I told you so that he isn't going to play"

Thats completely asinine as its obvious he wouldn't play. He is physically conditioned at this point, but did you really expect them to throw Francis in a game after he's run through like 1 or 2 practices?

Give it a handful of weeks and the franchise will be back and kicking :cool:

11. killer instinct

Stevie is ready for a comeback. He is the best ever.

[​IMG]

12. airmanz

airmanz Member

13. H-town_playa2k2

No longer do we want steve. WE NEED STEVE!!!!!!!!! The signs are there RA. let the guy play his was into game shape in able to get his rhythm back. How the hell do we expect SF3 to scrimmage against Rafer,Brooks,Head and be ready for guys like Paul, Williams, Wade, etc. I think the time is now to let Stevie play his self into shape.

Jordan only practiced for like 2 weeks before his comeback and put 50 on NYC in a game that season ;) I know were talking about SF3 and not god, but oh well bad analogy.

14. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Of all the different things I've heard on the Francis situation, none of it really is enough to get excited about. I'd love to see him back out there. I hope he can get back out there, but I know my expectations won't be too high if he does. It'd be really cool though.

15. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

well we need somebody. Now would be a perfect time for him 2 see the court. 3 weeks without McGrady is gonna be hard for us. If Steve really wants to play, practice hard to get playing time now is a good time to do it. Luther Head is starting and Wafer is getting minutes. No disrespect to those guys but Steve should be able to pass them without any problems. Another thing is Barry is out for 2 weeks so if Steve can't get on the court then sad 2 say Its over.

I know the season is 1 month old but now its December. This is the month that he was suppose 2 come back.

16. H-town_playa2k2

Yea its truly over if he cant get pt right now. I dont really like Morey or RA's tone about Steve right now.

17. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Well what i meant to say is i don't think its truly over but now would be a perfect time considering 2 people who is part of our rotation is out for an amount of time. If he says he is going 2 go hard in practice to get playing time then thats great news to hear. How will he respond after is the story considering his last game was in February. Im hoping for a comeback so he can shut up all these haters on this board. I'm sure if Rafer keeps struggling we may possibly see him creep his way up

18. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

All I got to say is I have seen Steve several times recently ,out and about in the city, and the guy looks like he is in the best shape he has been in since he came back to the Rockets. He is emotionally and physically ready to get back on the court.

The only thing is...Will Morey and Adleman allow him to get back...

STEVE FRANCIS IS READY

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've been in the "He's Done" camp for a while and until he proves me wrong... I still believe he's done.

Now prove me wrong Steve. :cool:

20. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Are you the camp counselor? May I join? I can row a mean boat.