1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Steve Francis ...finally ready to compete at practice for court time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I'm a doubter. Pessimism never fails. :)

2. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Last season when we signed James and Francis, as well as drafted Aaron Brooks, it looked like Alston's days were numbered and it certainly would have been if Steve had been healthy which would've equaled him being in shape and performing better in training camp where Alston surprised everyone.

Partially it was due to Francis believing he had the starting job in the bag so he went into camp with a different attitude but that chronic knee injury was bogging him down since NY, where it all started was the main demon haunting him. I followed the New York Post during Francis' run there and he spoke of his knee not responding, him being hesitant on rebounds and dunks because of his knee, being scared to explode because of the pain. That explained his off and on play, inconsistent minutes, coupling that with Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas not knowing how to use Francis and the confusion about his role and Marbury being uncomfortable in sharing the ball with the guy in the backcourt.

Also in various articles on the Post during his time there he continually stated that he just needed to give the knee rest and that it wasn't a big deal, holding off a surgery that NEEDED to happen. A surgery he should've went ahead and done during his time with the horrible Knicks that were going nowhere.

He would've been better by the time the Rockets signed him last offseason, ready to compete, his pesky knee problems behind him. But he didn't take that route so things looked ugly for him. A healthy Francis CHANGES EVERYTHING.

3. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Steve Francis loves Houston. He is looking skinny can't wait for him to make a return.

4. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

WE WANT STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. clapnrobem

clapnrobem Member

Steve definately has pride and alot of determination which is the right combination you need to come back from the injury he has had. I definately believe he will make an impact and can definately crack the starting line-up if he takes off on what he started last season plus being healthy. We would be crazy to leave what he brings on the bench while either watching Rafer shoot bricks or Brooks shoot first/pass second.

He IS the missing link.

6. Possum

Possum Member

Fisrt ypu would have to spit it out, then Francis would have to actually show something on the court. Neither one is likely to happen. :p

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Thats where we differ...hope inspires me to bet for not against.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

go francis.........

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well, I HOPE you are right.

DD

10. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Man,I remember before that boston celtics game at the TC. We were getting autographs,and Steve walked passed us with his obama jacket. We yelled for his auto graph,but he walked by us. This guy in front of me yelled. "Thats why your ass dont play. And he looked thinking I said that. Good times. :D :D . But yeah I really hope his ass does play.

11. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

yeah just what we need is a guy to over dribble, under pass, take lousy shots, ...cant wait for stevie disenfranchise to come back

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

put it down man

[​IMG]

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Are we talking about a game? An actual game? Or practice?

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Ah, the Franchise crackpipe pic. Never ceases to amuse me.

15. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I'm digging Stevie's fashion sense too in that pic. The bright and tight collared T-shirt. Very hood!

16. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

steve will come back and start so we can trade head and alston for a 7 footer :)

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Steve is a good guy, and I really root for him to come back. But, I don't think he will be able to get back to the game shape & play at NBA level, given his age, the time he's been out, and his style of game. Too bad.

18. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Francis has value...it's just not on the court...and it's not in Houston.

19. worzel gummidge

As an expiring contract? Did you hear something?

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

and take the texans with ya!

oh yeah...

:D