1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron Sources: Rockets aggressively pursuing Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 19, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So many people in here are thinking with their hearts not their heads. Those same people are forgetting we've been used before for the exact same reason.

amaru, apollo33, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Try whatever else you can, but not opt in and trade

Tilman will be mad to give butler 5year 196 million next july. Butler is injury prone, it’s not worth paying big tax or repeater tax after 2020. 3 starters are around 36 years old in playoffs.

You just don’t pay repeater tax for old bums or big bums.

#42 BigBum, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You’re not factoring in our desperation. We don’t have the ability to piss away more years for an unknown in the future. For two years our failure to act on this slot has cost us everything. If the team was young the logic would fit.

ReturnOfTheMac and BaselineFade like this.
  4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Posted in the wrong thread and is a very unrealistic trade scenario. Lol

5. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

kinda feels like Butler's agent saying "hey, all this buzz about Kawhi, KD, Kyrie, Kemba...don't forget Butler FA too..."

amaru and saleem like this.
  6. BigBum

BigBum Member

If morey give gordon 4year extension and 1pick, 6ers would take the trade.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You know this, how?

luckyman76 and saleem like this.
  8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

He's a great player and would be no Carmelo on defense, but if he winds up here I have a feeling the best case will be a Dwight Howard like exit a year or two down the road. Butler's career 3-point percentage is 34%.Worse yet, he's averaged 59 games a season due to injuries, including a meniscus injury that required surgery on his right knee. Then there's the issue of him not being able to get along with people... and he's ball dominant as all get out. I think he's a hot name because he's been unhappy since like the turn of the century.

The best reason I can think to sign him is so other Western Conference teams can't have him. Should he replace EG, I think this team will be shopping for a new coach and GM next season. Then there's this:

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/201...-since-film-room-incident-philadelphia-76ers/

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

They can trade a player who isn’t currently under contract with the team? That’s news to me.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I want Jimmy because he's a local kid (I'm from Magnolia, and have tons of family in Tomball), and his story is better than The Blind Side.

Don't want Jimmy because he's a bit of a nut case.

I hope we get him and it works out. He strikes me as a player that wants to play with vets rather than young rookies, so I think he'd fit here better than the Wolves or Sixers.

Give me Jimmy Butler, Tuckwagon, and Pat Bev and I'll give you a team with balls (for once) that could make some noise in the West.

11. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Couldn't help notice that Daryl M............I mean Cyberx has seemed to have gone silent for the last week. I'd say it's because the Rockets are playing things close to the vest, but all the opposing news stories out there in the media would seem to reflect otherwise.

Corrosion and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  12. liveguy

liveguy Member

Why? Jimmy Butler will only make things worse. They need to try to get Kevin Love. They need a big that can rebound AND hit open 3's.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sure. They'll pursue. But planting stories like this one... gotta sell tickets and change the bad blood narrative.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wait so if I am reading this right Chicago gives up Kris Dunn and gets back Ben Simmons, and two 2nd round picks?

LMAO

This is a horrible deal for Philly they lose Butler and Simmons and get CP3, Gordon and 1st from Boston to show for it. No way do they do this deal.

15. amaru

amaru Member

Jimmy isn’t serious about coming here. This is all leverage.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Man nobody is buying tickets over speculation lol

17. BigBum

BigBum Member

He is serious, but he wants max.
    He is coming here iif morey dumps some salary tomorrow to make it feasible in July.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Oh snap, this looks like a Holic burner account...time to block

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Yes if he agrees to a S+T and he would. That is really the source of S+T and not this Horford discussion. It’s the only potential move we have that is not sideways or backwards.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why not, Jimmy Butler causes the last implosion in Harden's prime........ and Rockets learn nothing from it, and still sign veterans for the next 3 years.

The fan in me wants to win a championship but watching the Rockets go down the 'Never develop young talent' road is heavy.

They should sign all the Beta Stars there are and find out that the real way is through the Draft, even if some Drafts are crapshoots.

#60 daywalker02, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019