1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron Sources: Rockets aggressively pursuing Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Call me when he opts in …. otherwise this aint getting past the wrong 2 yard line.

napalm06, jsingles, Smacktle and 16 others like this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Cyberx > Chronicle

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

lemme know when they’re talking about Butler leaning towards coming to HOU

ClutchFam, RyanB, saleem and 2 others like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

6. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

So I think I have it figured out
    We’re going to trade with Boston and phili. Both teams are going to want something for butler and Horford rather than to let them walk in free agency and get nothing
    The beautiful thing is we are a western Conference team so they won’t mind doing business with us. We trade capela strait up for horford after horford re signs with Boston at the same amount as Capella. Then phili trades us butler for a re signed shumpert at around 10-12 mil along with nene and 2-3 1rst rd picks. Phili does this because this way after they re sign Harris at the max they won’t have $ for role players and this way you get 2 decent role players on expiring contracts plus some 1rst rd picks
    We’ll be way over the lux tax but this was the point all along to spend it when the opportunity arises. That’s why we traded for shumpert to gain his bird rights and be able to sign and trade him. Then hopefully with the mle get Deandre and re sign rivers with the BAE .Warriors are done it’s our time.
    This actually can happen
    Deandre
    Horford /pj
    Butler
    Harden/Gordon
    Cp3/rivers

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't blame them for trying. But this definitely sound like something we want more than something that's close to happening.

jsingles, Smacktle, ak99999 and 5 others like this.
  8. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

Can we go over the cap in a sign and trade scenario? Thought that is against cap rules

9. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I think as long one of the mentioned trades is within the cap ( Boston) and the 2nd trade is only taking on 7 mil more than giving out than yes I believe they can. I could be wrong but it just seems it’s all lining up this way

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Sign and trades results in the team acquiring the player to be hard capped. The Rockets are over the cap with Butler, Harden and CP3. This is therefore impossible unless both Horford and Butler opt in and force a trade.

D-rock and Crashlanded19 like this.
  11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Correct S+T hard caps the receiving team. Anything we do will involve sending out Shumpert in 13M deal with 2 NG years attached with Nene and filler. We will be after players opting in

D-rock likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Butler would be a fool not to at least listen to all those FA destinations and just hop on his ride and get here.

That is what the Free agency is about when you are considered a 'star', red carpets rolled out for you.

But he has been known to want to bolt as soon as there is a problem with his playing style.

It is also Philly's decision to trade him here.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I thinknyou confusing cap amd lux tax line?

BallaDoc likes this.
  14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I agree with you, I just didn't figure Horford in the equation. I posted this on Sunday in Random Trades...

Alright, I was looking at a scenario to move Paul and Capela, but bring us back at least Butler and another shooter. Here's what I came up with,,,

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6yezuqa

HOU Out: Paul, Capela, Gordon, Nene and 1st Rd in 2021
    HOU In: Hayward, Butler, Baynes and Rob Williams
    * HOU gets a Star SG in Butler and a scoring SF in Hayward. Baynes and Hart become our new look post pairing, with Rob Williams playing Capela role when needed. We get more punch on offense and defense.

BOS Out: Hayward, Baynes, Yabusele, and R. Williams
    BOS In: Paul and Capela
    * BOS gets the perfect floor leader for young stars Tatum/Brown. Capela replaces aging Horford and provides defense, rebounding and rim rattling.

PHI Out: Butler
    PHI In: Gordon, Nene, Yabusele, and HOU 1st Rd 2021
    * Rather than lose Butler, they snag a solid SG in Gordon, a mentor for Emiid, and a couple of wild cards in Yabusele and 1st rounder.

#1715Shark44, Sunday at 11:19 PM

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No …. If its a sign and trade , you cannot exceed the apron , period.

If I remember correctly (looked it up a couple days ago) the apron is $138m for the 19/20 season.

Three figures - cap - tax line - apron.

Sign and trade you cannot exceed the apron at any point during the league year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If this isn’t a ringing endorsement I don’t know what is.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you pay up 1 coin for every time they use the word 'aggressive' you can easily fill up couple of jars.

#17 daywalker02, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    houston19519 likes this.
  18. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Whatever you’re smoking, I need it.

All jokes aside, Morey would automatically be Executive of the Year for pulling that off.

Elephant810 likes this.
  19. chensu98

chensu98 Member

I don't think Butler wants to wait 18 seconds of Harden dribbling the ball for each possession. Chris Paul is right.

ak99999 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet he does... He LOVES Harden’s game. Constantly raves about him. Jimmy is a huge ISO guy too which is fantastic, because Harden can toss him the ball and rest some like he used to do with CP3 until CP3 took a huge crap.

B-Bob, mike2k132, D-rock and 3 others like this.