1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Sources - Casserly to stay, Capers to exit

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sabirk, Jan 1, 2006.

1. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

So does that mean Marciano stays? It's good if he does, he is a good special teams coach. I don't hold Kris Brown's performance against him, in fact some would say it was his finest coaching job. ;)

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Hate to say it, but this entire season has been in vain (well, maybe except for getting the top pick to draft RB). The Houston Texans will never be a consistent winning franchise until the C&C boys are out of here.....and that means both of them. I was willing to suffer thru an awful season just so McNair would see the error of his ways and can their butts when the year was over. To keep Casserly around is beyond comprehension to me. His track record here has been atrocious and he makes nothing but excuses for his poor personnel moves.

To bad.....we're looking more and more like the Cincinnati Bengals of the 1990's.....the laughing stock of the league.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I miss Bud Adams. The Astrodome was a dump and you know it. He may be an a-hole but he wasn't a football moron.

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

That's a first. You might not have too many supporters on this one.

McNair may not have as much knowledge as Bud on the game, but he is trying to hire the right people to make the right decisions.

I prefer an owner (business man) that stays out of the way.

6. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

7. Stoli

Stoli Member

Agreed. Generally miss the Oilers too.

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I dont. Not one bit.

9. Stoli

Stoli Member

Cap management doesm'y matter all that much when you pay truly mediocre players huge "cap freindly" bonuses! See, for example, Wong, Wade and Greenwood.

10. Rockets34Legend

I think there is a press conference going on now - started at 3pm...

KHOU Webcast

#70 Rockets34Legend, Jan 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  11. Rockets34Legend

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I thought Casserly was going to be gone with Dom...He has drafted sh*t players and signed crappy contracts...Capers will be a Def. Coord. somewhere, but who's next...Gary K would be nice, but other than that, I got nothing...