1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Shane on Kobe's dirty play: It’s just the way playoff basketball is played.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vcchlw, May 6, 2009.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Lock if posted.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6409887.html

Rockets notes: Series against Lakers getting physical
    By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    May 5, 2009, 10:56PM

Let’s get physical
    Rockets forward Shane Battier saw the video. He knew things had gotten rough, but got an even better idea when he saw Kobe Bryant’s elbow and knee bang into his head during their battle for a loose ball.
    He did not, however, expect the NBA to act on its look at the video and said he does not care if it does.
    “It does not really matter to me,” Battier said. “That’s playoff basketball. It’s just the way playoff basketball is played. It looked worse on television than it was.”

Moving forward
    The Rockets did not have to look hard to find a reminder that winning the first game of a series does not indicate what might happen in the next.
    “In the Portland (series), we looked really good in that first game,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “In the second game, they came out and we dropped off a little bit and we were in trouble. Hopefully our team learned from winning the first game in Portland that tomorrow is probably going to be the most difficult game. They’re going to really come after us.”

2. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Shane is one of my fav guys. The guy just has an amazing attitude, not just about basketball, but with life.

3. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Nice Read, actually a good thing that we went matched up against Portland and they had homecourt, that eliminates the possibility of us getting comfortable. We are now prepared by playing on the road the first two games and our game plan is to win one on the road or possibly two.

Now if we can just capitalize and be efficient at home, we might pull through.

What do you guys think, would you prefer Home court the first two games against the Lakers, or leave as is?

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Shane is too good to the league. I believe if anyone could complain about the refs that game it could be Shane. Kobe does deserve suspension consideration and should be on thin ice from the league. I don't care if Shane keeps killing people with kindness, as long as he keeps killing people.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Looks like Battier is keeping focused on how to beat them then getting concerned about the extras. Very professional and appropriate.

Though I wish he'd toss Kobe to the floor the next game.

6. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

One of the commentators last night made a very good point, sounded like Doug Collins, he mentioned that Kobe made that dirty move to fuel himself, I found that very interesting.

Because that makes on thing for certain, Kobe was obviously not in any rhythm, but even more so he could not play well against battier. He was looking to have battier try harder, Battier was playing just right if you noticed when Kobe reached the paint from the left side, he pump faked twice and Battier kept his ground, and forced Kobe to shoot or else the 3 second would come.

Reason why Kobe would want to get Battier worked up with a dirty play is because he knows when a player gets frustrated or angry, he will play harder defense, which of course cause a shooting foul by an attempted block.

Battier has gained my respect so much, if you look at my previous posts I mentioned that I hated Battier, but after analyzing his game play this year, I respect his basketball IQ on both Defense and Offense, don't under-estimate his Offense.

7. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

dirty kobe! :mad:
    Please beat la again in 2nd game.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Kobe/Jordan comparisons can stop if Kobe needs to cheap shot one of the best guys in the league in order to motivate himself for a playoff game.

9. ibm

ibm Member

shane just dusted it off on the court, no matter what. that amazes me. i know for sure there is no way i can do that.

imagine what would've happened if that dirty play was with ron...

10. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

I guarantee Kobe would not have done that had Ron been in Shane's position.

11. ibm

ibm Member

haha that's true.

12. wgao11

wgao11 Member

anyone feel kobe had used all of his magic and luck in regular season, there is no more left for him. he is not a big thret anymore. i can see we will win in 5 :D

13. wgao11

wgao11 Member

i think our team is more talented than the fakers, brooks will be the next cp3, when we get to the nba final, cavaliers is not a threat without the help of the refs. what a year, we might be the 2009 champions :eek:

14. gamor

gamor Member

to me, the Rockets shall play every game as their last game.
    And win it one by one.
    This serie against Laker is totally depends on motivation.
    on the paper, Laker shall sweep us 4-0. So far, it is the motivation get this team to the position they belong now. And the motivation can rewad them with a ring too. So it really depend on their heart. We just cheer and enjoy the ride.

15. wgao11

wgao11 Member

whyour fans always underestimated our team, calling fakers might sweep us.  glad our players never feared the lakers.  we are the best

16. gamor

gamor Member

lol, did't you notice I said "on the paper"

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i really dont understand what ur talking about by kobe is not a threat and whatnot, and winning in 5? hmm i guess its better to have a good attitude then not.

18. wgao11

wgao11 Member

sorry, missed that, saw so many times before series started, everytime saw a 4-0 sweep get me kind of mad, besides, why afraid kobe that much, as i said, his lucky shot left him, now, yao will have the final say

19. wgao11

wgao11 Member

i said not a big threat,he is just a jump shooter now, his legs catching on him, his finger hasn't been fixed, and he is not protected by the refs like lebron, if his shot keep falling, don't hesitate to faul him hard, break his shooting rythm and slap his arrogant face. man , i am just so excite for the team, i promised my friend, i will buy them dinn

20. Cav000

Cav000 Member

Battier is "a man"

good control on his temper

Kobe is just A BEAST

a man never&ever afraid of an ani**l