1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Scola's NBA dream now a reality after trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TreeRollins, Jul 14, 2007.

1. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I posted the following question to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle yesterday:

Fellows, we got our top 10 pick for this year :D

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

right, as were the Mavericks, Lakers, and Nuggets! so close to those Western Conference Finals!

3. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

I think he meant that Utah was right there with us, and they made it to the finals. We didn't have anyone that could match with Boozer and a PG that could do anything on the offensive side of the floor.

Now we have James and Brooks who can score, Scola who can match up with Boozer, and Bonzi for a great 6th man. Not to mention a new system that is focused on easy shots, and our younger players one year older.

4. Junetastic

Junetastic Member

He's 27 years old. I'm pretty sure he knows how to play. Ginobili was great as a 25 year old rookie.

5. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I would disagree with that. He definitely has the talent to be a top 10 pick, but his age would push him down more towards the middle of the first round. So many teams draft for potential. However, big men are known to enter their primes later than guards. Scola will probably be in his prime from around 29-33. He has skills now for sure. We will put NBA polish on him for the next 2 years and then maybe he will be an All-Star (especially with the Chinese vote :p).

6. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

agreed...i have a hard time when someone cares more about an individual player than the team...maybe its better that yao scores 18 a game...all we should worry about is wins...if scola is good right away, and we stay healthy=58 to 60 wins

7. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

What a flopper.

The fact is that Spurs could have traded scola's rights to other team last year when his buyout was down to 3mil but they still kept him for another year, and only traded him 3 days before his NBA dream toatlly fall through, and even that was not for saving scola's NBA career but rather for some cap space.

Thanks flopper, we all know Scola and his agent hate Spurs. I'm pretty sure it's the Rockets that came to his rescue and fulfilled his NBA dream.

8. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

hes no an avg rookie...hes 27 im not saying hes the savior but all our moves this offseason are leading us right towards a championship within the next 2 years.

9. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

lindsey is solid...very good at what he does

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am not lindsey, but I am good at what I do.

11. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

LMAO! :D

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks, I'm desperate for recognition tonight because nobody is responding to my posts. And they are sooo good! ;)