1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[CHRON]Same old David Carr?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Htowns_Finest, Sep 30, 2007.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Are you even remotely serious?? There's a whole thread devoted to the Falcons game. There's all kinds of concerns posted there. Please stop making up alternate "truths."

the Texans have been the butt of the league since their inception...we've been ridiculed all over the place. what's new?

2. MadMax

This is what I don't understand and I'm being serious.

Who ever said it made what happened to the Texans Sunday in Atlanta enjoyable?

Again...why do you continually ignore the context of everything. This is one thread that cites to an article in the Houston Chronicle about David Carr. There are many more threads about the Texans in this forum. I would invite you to read from them.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

This is what I don't understand and I'm being serious.

How do those gloves keep him from breaking a nail?

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I agree. He is not a good QB. But he's not our problem anymore. What he does is inconsequential.

Nope, I have no problem with folks keeping the "I Hate David" fires burning. More power to them. But I do find it strange that the same folks here who absolutely detest the Cowbay's fans for their arrogance and insensitivity toward unsuccessful teams and players are so quick to do the same things themselves.

It's not about money, it's about the lack of positive things happening to him in football as in there are none. That's misfortune in my book. He's not the first highly touted player to have failed and won't be the last - that's just the nature of the beast.

5. HillBoy

Now that's funny...

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

That and he doesn't want to mess up his pedicure.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

People detest cowboys fans because they are from a rival city and because they are obnoxious when winning, not because they are critical when they suck. Big difference. Bad winners, not sore losers. I doubt anyone here would criticize a Cowboys fan for starting a thread about Drew Bledsoe.

But isn't that his fault? Yeah, he was sacked too often in those first two years, but he never learned to read his progressions, look off defenders or stay calm in the pocket. Never. He was allegedly the first one to leave and the last to arrive as well. I don't call that misfortune, I call that lack of heart and failure to improve. Not misfortune.

I think DC is a good person, but a bad qb. And as I stated before, this thread has nothing to do with the Texans losing. It has everything to do with Carr implying that we were a bad team and it wasn't his fault, yet he is the exact same in Carolina and our offense is much better.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Using HillBoys's logic, we shouldn't care whether the Texans win or lose this weekend because it doesn't have bearing on what's going on now in Iraq. After all, how does caring about whether the Texans win or lose on Sunday make what's happening in Iraq enjoyable?

Maybe I'll just stay home on Sunday instead of going to the game.

9. HillBoy

What context are we speaking here? I just happen to think the Chronicle was way off base to even write that article because as I said before, continuing to slam David Carr serves no real purpose anymore. I am simply not in agreement with the mean-spirited nature of threads like this because I haven't forgetton all of the things that were written and said for years about the Oilers. This thread smacks of the same thing and just because it's Houston folks now doing the laughing doesn't make it right.

The point I'm making is that on Sunday, I was more concerned with the fact that the Texans a winnable by game than with getting my jollies making fun of David Carr. I would invite you to make an effort to understand what someone is saying in their posts before passing judgement.

10. MadMax

The context of this entire forum where people, me included, were b****ing about the way the Texans lost. With you pretending as if we're all hanging here going, "it's ok we lost, as long as DC still sucks for the Panthers." That's not happening. No one is saying that.

I'm betting there wasn't anyone who has posted in this thread who wasn't more concerned with the fact the Texans lost than the fact DC still sucks.

David Carr for years survived on the notion that it was not his fault...it was everyone else's fault. He didn't have enough weapons around him. The OL was too poor. His defenders consistently commented on it as if DC were on the outside looking in....as if none of it was his responsibility because no one else could possibly succeed.

So when that guy, who was the face of this franchise in this city for its entire short existence, goes elsewhere and it looks exactly the same, but for different teammates and different uniforms....yeah...that's kind of a newsworthy event in the city left behind. Particularly so given the uproar over the decision to extend him and thus cut off any alternatives at the QB position.

Passing judgment??? Please.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks for the laugh.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Hillboy, you're taking this thread way too seriously.

13. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Why Can't we do both? :confused:

So if the Texans were to win, than we can keep up on what Carr's doing? :confused:

There were excuses made up for Carr for what happened. Now that he thinks that he is on a better team, WE have the right to see if it was HIM or was it the TEAM. His play on Sunday, points the finger to HIM. I don't see what's wrong with that, I mean he was our QB for 5 years and people do want to keep up with his progress or lack there of.

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

So true.. LOL... Jeff Garcia, who is 37 freakin years old, threw less passes for more yards.. Carr is a joke!! :D

15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I think this thread is more about residual anger towards Carr for the crappy offense we fans had to endure in the past few years than in making fans forget the Atlanta game. The Atlanta loss and Carr's first action as a Panther just happened to fall on the same day. If the Texans were 4-0 at this point, I guarantee this thread would STILL exist today. People are just lashing out now because the Carr-colored glasses have finally been removed, and they "can see clearly now, the rain is gone." The ones with the most anger to expend are the Carr supporters of yore (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :) ). So, Hillboy, sorry, dude, but I think you're just wrong this time.

Going back to the anger thing: Through 4 games this season (2-2), we've scored 94 points, good for 10th in the league. Last year, at this time, the Texans (1-3) had scored 66 with Carr at the helm. Subsequently, Schaub, to date, has so far been sacked 6 times. Last year, to this point, Carr had been sacked 15 (fifteen!!) times. Now, I don't think Carr was the sole problem of our woes, nor do I think that Schaub is this epic hero, but I do think we're far better off with Schaub than we were with Carr. And thus, we're entitled to vent a little because of that. Besides, it's cathartic, right? :)

16. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

By the way guys, what the hell happened to Carl Dukes from 790 the sports animal? I must have been in a hole somewhere.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He was on 97.5 Friday. He just switched stations.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm more concerned with making fun of Carr than the Texans.

19. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

lol everyone pokes fun at his lil bro at school. hes a pretty good QB though, derek carr

20. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Uh ... it's ok to love your pets, just don't LOVE your pets! :D

Yep, Carr sucks and now Carolina knows it and soon the rest of the NFL will know that Carr just doesn't have "IT" and never will. He's somebody elses problem now.