1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets tuned in to Redick

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by mikezamir, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

I think the rox are gonna trade down a few spots for a pf in a package with swift and get reddick there..

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I don't care how well he shoots or how much "heart" he has. He doesn't have what it takes to be a good starting sg in the nba.

The rockets should not be aiming for a bench player with the #8 pick.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah !!

Tell that to Calvin Murphy........I mean where does he get off coming in with a hall of fame career and only being a 5'8" all heart shooting guard.....SHEESH !!!

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

:rolleyes:

yah, go ahead and roll out the iverson comparisons next. dude is a scrub.

5. DaDakota

I guess we shall see..

6. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Didn't we draft him a few years back? Oh I forgot, that was Bryce Drew.

7. Summer Song Giver

It really quite pointless at this point to argue with them, I mean in one thread we got a guy comparing Redick to Mike Penberthy and in this one Crisco's tosses around two of the positives in his game like they mean nothing because he's a slow white kid who moves like he is in quicksand. I can without hesitation say that Redick would routinely bust teams ass when they double Mac and Ming.

Another thing, you guys throw around the term Kobe stopper and say that Kobe would bust JJ's ass, whose ass doesn't Kobe bust, do you honestly think Kobe wouldn't bust Carney's ass at every given oppurtunity?

8. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Kobe busted Josh Howard's ass too, does that mean we don't want him cause he can't guard Kobe?

9. Summer Song Giver

Not sure I understand, my point was will JJ require a little extra help when he has to guard a Kobe or Wade, sure he will, but most do and his positives outweigh the negatives in my mind.

10. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Reddick = Brent Price (pre-torn acl)

11. DaDakota

Guys, it is NOT about Redick but about building a team of complimentary players around Yao and Tmac......

So Kobe will go off on Redick, you put Tmac on him......

Don't you get it? We have Yao Ming a mismatch every single night in the NBA on the low post, he along with TMac, a mismatch every night on the outside will create shots for teamates.

As DREAM did, as Shaq does, as Tim Dunan does...etc..etc..etc...

How many shots did the athletic Bogans brick last year, or the athletic Alston?

Making shots is the single most important attribute of a basketball player, and Redick can do that.

We are NOT THE MAVS !!!!! We have to build our team around Yao and Tmac.....thus, we need SHOOTERS !!!!!!!!

That is all...

DD

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

you forgot short.

It's not just Kobe that would bust JJ's ass, it's pretty much every starting sg in the league and then some night in and night out.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ridiculous comparison. Price could play pg.

:D

14. DaDakota

Ugh...and Tmac and Yao will do the same to their team.....it is not about Redick it is about the Rockets getting the best fit for a Yao and Tmac team.

DD

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

And unlike you, I don't think one dimensional shooters are the best fit for a Yao and TMac team.

ugh.

16. DaDakota

Fair enough, and unlike you, I don't find JJ one dimensional.

UGH- ER !

:)

17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I have to say DaDa is convincing me somewhat.

You have to look at the whole team and not the individual players. Any one player always has weaknesses. The job of the coach is to utilize players streghtns while hiding their weaknesses.

If JJ can find other ways to contribute will consistently drilling outside shots, then he is incredibly valuable. But if he does nothing but hit open shots, then we can probably do better.

The argument that he is slow doesn't hold water. Steve Nash is probably the slowest guy in the league yet he is the MVP. Speed is nice but that ain't the whole story.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Hey, even though I disagree with a lot of your basketball opinions, I do have to give you props for having the common sense not to lose your cool over bball discourse like quite a few seem to here nowadays.

so props.

and fwiw, I'm not completely against the idea of redick, but the idea of using the #8 to get him does disgust me. I do think he would be an upgraded version of Jon Barry, and the O did look better when Barry was hitting his shots, but opposite to what ssg espoused, I think his negatives outweigh his positives, as a starter.

Like you said, we'll see, but I'm definitely on the anti-redick crusade for sure.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

20. sunn99

sunn99 Member