1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Rockets' top pick fearless

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrRolo, Oct 14, 2005.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Retart (def): To find a second lady of the evening, especially in relationship to Head. :D

Just having fun with your typo, Z. ;)

2. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Luther Head is obviously a well-coached player who can do lots of things on both ends.
    I hope he can get some minutes to play in the coming season and he will surely be a solid player.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

who was the last Rockets rookie to look this solid in the preseason? Langhi? Rhodes?

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I think you are getting a"head" of things. He's a rookie on a team with a lot of vets in the backcourt. He's also a tweener (a short SG) who can play both positions (I think his handles are fine; better than I expected). Since he isn't a starter and will not have huge minutes, locking him into a specific position isn't that important right now. It's likely he will never be a classic PG or SG but a bit of both. He reminds me of a younger Mike James with a lot more upside.

Even if he never develops into a starting PG, he may be an instant offense/defense/energy guy who could average 10+ ppg beginning next year. That's good enough for me! If he improves his passing skills and court vision, we might have our starting PG of the future if Skip ever becomes trade bait (not this year). Luther is too young to be slotted and needs time to figure out where he fits in this league. I see no reason why he can't excel at both positions and his versatility is a plus.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Is there any end to the "Head" jokes? Will there be any end? I think every conceivable joke has been made at least twice. Perhaps a special thread should be created for Luther Head jokes. I bet this guy has dealt with wise cracks his whole life. Surely this is going to get so old that it will stop. Naw, the twelve year old's on this board will keep in going. :(

6. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Wasn't there already a special thread for Luther Head jokes or am I just dreaming it? :confused:

7. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Sam Cassell

[​IMG]

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They want Head to use his Head to gain confidence, but his Head might get too big.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I think that is the reason why you see some of us referring to him by his first name already.

Luther takes a little longer to type...but seems more dignified. ;)

xiki,

IF Luther continues to show he deserves to be on the floor...he will play...you can take that to the bank.
    It has never been proven that VG will not play a rookie that shows he deserves to play...that is a urban myth.

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Seriously, CD has really stepped up his game to another level in the last 3 years. i new as soon as we selected head, we have a speacial kid on our hands. the kid can shoot, pass, handel the rock, and has good vision. what a steal!

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

Good luck with this solid. I have already tried a month or so back and all I got were twice as many idiotic head jokes in response. It was actually funny the first couple million times. Now it's just old and pathetic.

And to think, Luther has had to put up with this all his life; and now when he works his ass off to get to the NBA, Houston fans greet him with more of the same. You would think that those who appreciate him most would get a clue :mad:

#31 Win, Oct 15, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What can I say, twelve year-old boys just can't get enough Head......jokes.

I slay myself!!!!! j/k :D

13. DJ

DJ Member

Steve and JVG still disagreeing!!!

Rockets Summary

The great Yao debate
    After a warm ovation during pregame introductions and posting 12 points, six assists, four rebounds and two steals against his former team Wednesday at Toyota Center, Orlando guard Steve Francis weighed in on the physical development of Rockets center Yao Ming.

"He's getting bigger and stronger with a lot more mass in his upper body," Francis said.

It appears Yao has bulked up, but someone offered a different opinion.

"I don't think it's a fact, actually," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "I think he's the same weight that he has been, and the lighter for him has been the better. When he's been able to keep his weight about 305 (pounds), I think he's better served. But he has worked hard to be stronger. I hate to disagree with Steve once again, but so be it."