1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets still in the hunt for Rubio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Egghead

Egghead Member

So Brooks, Budinger, Taylor for Rubio??

2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

You do realize we ponied up cash for all our picks today? Money isn't a problem, methinks.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

This would be amazing.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah i think he knows they just wanted to grab rubio as trade bait and flynn was their man all along..

5. onreego

onreego Member

SnT wafer..hah!

Should be interesting to see if this goes down.

wonder whats going on on the Amare front.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we can use comparisons on a lot of "potential" players. however, the comparison i heard today when i was driving to work on ESPN 710 was to a lesser version of jason kidd.

1) he's very unselfish so he loves to pass, and he has good size for a PG

BUT
    1) he definitely cannot shoot worth a lick, and the detroit interviewer said pau gasol stated this
    2) he can't play defense b/c he's so skinny and weak

i'm a guy that loves to give the "star" tag to guys if i'm wowed by their talent. i've been watching youtube vids of him the past few days just to see what's the fascination is about and i'm not getting it.

i think in 4-5 years, he'll be a starter in this league, but no superstar material, or even all-star. if he wants to be jkidd-like, he needs to up his size to play some defense.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i really doubt minny is going to trade rubio to us

8. tming

tming Member

what was he referencing with MInny?

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Rubio could be the face of this franchise in the future... Anything to get it done.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He's only dies y ocho

11. worzel gummidge

Immediately after Rubio got drafted his father made the statement he was staying in Europe for two more years. Curious thing to do. Perhaps, they were throwing out a, "We are not amused."?

Rubio forcing a trade out of Minnesota?

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You never watched his game before, right?

13. t_mac1

just like kwame was for the wiz? :confused: or joe smith for the bucks?

if he was THAT good, he would at least be the #2 pick (or the hype to be picked #2). blake griffin is clearly the only sure thing.

i rather morey uses his resources and go after an established, yet young player.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Nooooo... Rubio will be a bust.

15. worzel gummidge

He said a couple teams had drafted "multiple multiple players" in the same position were obviously working out a trade or had trades fall through.

16. t_mac1

i've seen him before when he played with spain v. us and the other teams during international competition. i thought he was a bust after watching that b/c he was hyped up to be the next big thing in the NBA draft.

then i watch the youtube vids, and i think he has starter-material, but nothing to be :eek: about.

i mean, even DD's own favorite greek player tore it up in international play :D

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Says the guy named after Mike James....

;)

DD

18. worzel gummidge

A large buyout and his agent Dan Fegan trying to maneuver the draft played into it I think.

19. i3artow i3aller

In the NBA, time is short. There is no way they want to bring him in once Flynn, their No 1 prospect, has been entrenched at the PG position. I think Minny was trading him all along. THey took FLynn second so they could pay him, their guy, less and trade away Ricky for a nice package of talent.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

well right now they have A LOT of players, like 16 plus their picks of today... the only keeper talent they have though is

flynn/telfair
    brewer
    gomes/carney
    love
    jefferson

we prob have to take some bad contracts, they have a lot of veteran scrubs....they need a sg the most, maybe they'd take taylor and tmac or something.....cardinal and etan thomas make about 14 mill combined, plus songaila, that's close to tmac's 20 mill...