1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets standing pat? Just tinkering? Not if they can help it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bay Rock, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Begging" is simply a turn of phrase, hyperbole, like, "I'm dying to know," etc etc.

Which is to say, Morey has a situation where he can say, "I'm not shopping Tmac." Which could be true in the sense that other teams ready to dump salaries can just call him up, and he can listen. It's a bit of a "non-truth" as well, because it's not as if he isn't negotiating at that point, and he certainly expected interest in Tmac's contract. Probably all the people he spoke to back at the trading deadline said, "The fans will kill me if I trade now for a dude who won't even play for a year-and-a-half, let's talk again in the summer and etc etc etc."

You're very correct about the proposed trades though. People just throw stuff out there and don't try to make financial or basketball sense of it.

We can rest assure that many teams are in financial straits and will respond to Les Alexander's, "Hey, I ain't broke, call us." What that will entail, hopefully we'll all find out soon.

2. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

point taken but did Fisher guard him alone? This team was better than the team that played Fisher's Jazz.

3. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Too many players would be on the Rockets' roster, if I am not mistaken.

4. albuster

albuster Member

Great post!!! Something like "you reap what you sow".

5. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

Hi guys I was in San Antonio last night and I was watching the tv when the news reported that a Chinese firm has stake in the Cavaliers now, They were saying that Yao was maybe in a discussion to be playing there. Is this bogus? It was on there news, so just figured Id let you guys know what I heard.

6. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i think what will be more amusing will be tracy's comments following his inevitable trade. given his ego, outspokenness, and the general axiom regarding NBA players' relative lack of understanding of personnel issues, there's a pretty high chance for pure comedic gold.

something along the lines of: "it says a lot about my secure standing in this league that even after microfracture, they were willing to give up [insert nash/carter/amare/other star player] to get me."

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Thanks for the report. This could be serious.

8. verse

verse Contributing Member

Live local and latebreaking

9. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Haha, take it easy guys. I'm banking on him not seeing the thread in the garm?

At least he didn't start a new thread over it, right?

*whew*