1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets owner finds much to like these days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Nov 6, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Q&A with Leslie Alexander

[rQUOTEr]With the Rockets off to a 5-0 start and the Comcast Sports Network bankruptcy case at last seeming near its end, team owner Leslie Alexander took a break between Wednesday's court date and Thursday's Toyota Center game with the San Antonio Spurs to discuss matters ranging from coaching to television carriage and from last offseason to the next postseason.[/rQUOTEr]

1 person likes this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I love Les he's a grat owner and really loves the Rockeys and more important the city. He lets his staff do their job and put a winning product on the court.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Can somebody bring back that interview where he stated we were going to be a running team and stick with it for the next 5-10 years? That was prior to getting Harden I think and ironically we are doing a lot better now than even last year when we tried to run a lot more than this year so far.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

As always, J.R. delivers. Thanks breh.

5. jedicro

jedicro Member

I loved the interview, but the formatting and transcript of the interview was awful. Step yo game up, Chron.

Les is all class, and I love how reasonable he is.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The best owner in Houston sports history.

Leslie is also a red belt in Hapkido, by the way.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good read. Hope he retires a rocket. We just have to make sure we don't over the cap

8. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Who else read his answers imagining it being in his voice?

1 person likes this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Where are all the people that were b****in a couple years back because Les wouldn't let us tank? As I recollect, that was 'the only way to build a contender' and we were gonna be forever stuck on 'the treadmill of mediocrity' due to his refusal to tank... (see the sig I've had for the last 1-2 years...lol)

Nice job, Les! You do a fan proud!

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thats whats remarkable about Les' tenure as the owner...out of 22 years of ownership..only 2 losing seasons ever...thats freaking amazing..

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

His answer regarding whether we are a championship team is somewhat of note. I think we are waiting to see how we react when the shots aren't falling and we are playing better competition.

If it looks like we are very close, we may forgo the addition of a 3rd star and go after more supplementary players like Millsap, Dalembert, and Calderon.

12. HTM

HTM Member

We're lucky to have Les. He is a great owner.

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I always try doing that in that respective person's voice...to at least understand the context in which those words were said. That's why I would prefer audio sound bytes over just printed text...because most of the time, the media would take it out of context.

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

THIS is where you have set me up for my favorite Chris Jericho quote from his WWF Debut back in 1999: "You people have been led to believe that MEDIOCRITY is EXCELLENCE. Uh-uh, JERICHO is EXCELLENCE!!!!!"

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dang, no one has blamed Les for "McFailMilk" yet. Hey, where'd that hater thread on McHale go? Guess we'll see it after the game. . . .

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The greatest disappointment in my life is not being able to locate the video where he laughs for an extended period while he's in the booth with Clyde and Worrell.

17. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

You have led a charmed life, my friend.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Les toning it down for once. Maybe this is a different kind of season.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

"Q: How do you feel about the resolution of the Comcast case?

A: I'm thrilled that it's over. I'm thrilled that everybody in Houston who has DirectTV and AT&T, as well as Comcast, will be able to see the games. Especially, it's very important for the franchise, even long after I'm gone, for the kids in town to be able to watch the games. That's who your next fan base is going to be. When kids watch when they're 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 years old, they become your next diehard Rockets fans for life, even if they don't live in the city. It's very important to me for that to occur."

This quote... really struck a chord with me. I'm imagining being a kid who couldn't watch growing up. I'd not be this way. I wouldn't care so much.

This statement really showed how he thinks. He takes stewardship of the Rockets and is showing thought toward the future and city. Les really earned my respect with this comment. Impressed.:)

20. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Les we need new jerseys!