1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets lose a very tough one, but might have won, too

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SpiffyRifi, Dec 21, 2007.

1. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Ordinarily I wouldn't post one of Feigan's blogs on here, but this actually sums up my sentiments about last night's game perfectly:

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2007/12/rockets_lose_a_very_tough_one.html

The Rocket's game to Dallas was just pathetic, but I have to say the way the Rocket's played in the fourth quarter against the Magic (despite their shooting woes) and the way they played against the Nuggets was great. They showed true heart for the first time all season in my opinion. Despite the loss last night, it was one of the best games I had seen the Rockets play in some time. I was up on my feet pacing at 1 in the morning watching and loving every minute of it. They showed what they CAN be, if T-Mac can come back and shrug off whatever has been bothering him (whether it be an injury or something else) they can really turn this season around. I have hope for the first time since the 6-1 start. Yes we lost to the Nuggets, but we saw what the role players of this team can do, we saw Yao take command late in the game, and we saw an attitude and a hard edge we haven't seen all season. They showed passion for the first time this season and hopefully we'll keep seeing it the rest of the season.

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

The papers and the fanbase have gone into pathetic mode.

Celebrating for doing something they're paid millions to do in their sleep, and sipping brews off of moral victories. Not this far into the season.

Wasn't this supposed to be a contendor? I'd expect this fromthe Bobcats, but not this team.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Cue the Tmac apologists.....

If Tmac gets on board the sky is the limit, if he resists, he will sink the ship.

Tmac is the key, always has been, always will be....

If he can embrace moving without the ball, the team can flourish.....

I for one, am hoping Tmac was watching last night.

DD

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I agree, and well Craig Sagar interviewed him so yeah he was watching

5. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I suppose we should just give up and stop watching the games...look you're entitled to your opinion, but I've been a Rocket's fan during the good seasons and the bad. I could sit around and mope about how mediocre we are and make ridiculous trade proposals that will never happen or I could enjoy a good game regardless of the outcome and take away a moral victory. I choose to do the later, don't worry there are more then enough people on this board who will join you doing the former.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I know he was there, but what I hope is that he was really WATCHING...because if you add Tmac to the team that played last night....you have something.

But he has to play as part of that system.....moving without the ball etc....because the old way will not work in the playoffs.

Got to have more options for teams to game plan against.

DD

7. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

jealous cause your boy mcgrady sat out and concidentally the team played like it cared?

8. McGradySNKT

No doubt the sway with the wind crowd is not far off. There were no doubts.

No team should sink with one player missing, so please stop trying to re-direct the point of the post by name calling.

The Nuggets don't even play defense, kept Eduardo Najera on Yao one on one, and Anthony freaking Carter scored the winning bucket on them in the paint.

That's nothing to be excited about.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

With Tmac, the buck stops with him, kidda. It's either a jumper or a bail out assist. Like many said, he is a half court player, programmed by JVG that way.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hmmm in one sentence he calls me a "Sway with the winder" and in the 2nd sentence he says "stop the name calling"

Uh...yeah.....whatever......when you get your lips off of the TCrank long enough to actually understand the game of basketball come back then....mmmkay....Mr. TCrank apologist?

DD

11. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Tell that to the Lakers (Kobe), the Cavs (Lebron), the Suns (Nash), the Mavericks (Dirk),etc, etc. The bottom line is when your franchise player is out, your team suffers. It's not like we're talking about Kirk Snyder missing or something, we're talking about one of, if not the marquee player (depending on who you talk to)

are you really this much a downer everywhere you go? It was a great game...it was fun to watch. If they had won would you have been excited then? The guys played hard and in my opinion that's something to be excited about.

12. McGradySNKT

As stated before, you get called out for contradicting yourself, even to this day from years back, so at least you are a consistent windwalker.

Now pick a side for one minute and stay there and answer

What is there to celebrate from

The Nuggets don't play defense
    They kept Eduardo Najera on Yao one on one in closing minutes
    and Anthony Carter scored the winning bucket on them in the paint

Where is the victory in that?

13. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

I think you either aren't watching the same team, or you just like to stir the pot.

Yao fouled out Camby! And with Camby or anybody else on him, they were swarming Yao with double and triple teams all night...that's part of why the Rockets took 34 f-ing 3 pointers and Yao had 6 assists.

I've been clammoring for a great EFFORT all season...we finally got one last night, concidentally with their pouty superstar in his ugly ass sweater. I for one am happy about the effort...and am not swaying with the wind.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The victory is in the ball movement, is the team playing hard on both ends of the court, in the team FIGHTING until the end instead of giving up like TMac has been known to do.

That is where the victory lies.......it is a loss, but it was on the road, the 2nd game of a back to back, and their best player was in street clothes with a tampon stuck between his thighs.

The team came out and played hard, if Tmac joins the fun, we might have somthing, if he keeps moping, and dominating the ball, the season will be over.....

DD

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

You are just trying to pick a fight. Stop.

The victory is this. We played a good game the second night of a back to back. Aaron Brooks showed some great flashes, Rafer played in control, Yao stepped up and put the team on his back, Bonzi stepped it up and played big, and we didn't give up like we have in games in the past.

Oh, and we almost beat a rested Nuggets team without our superstar in a back to back in double overtime.

Wake up, buddy

16. McGradySNKT

The Franchise player is Yao Ming Spiffy, and there is no reason they should lose this many games with the best center in the NBA in the lineup. Especially to teams who play no defense.

As far as me being a downer, this team is a downer. I'm not telling Shane to brick wide open 3's and to start Rafer Alston.

What's the excitement in Chuck Hayes when he has no offensive game? Ryan Bowen hustled, so did mark Madsen, but that didn't make them starters.

I think the management in Houston deserves its own place in the circle.

17. McGradySNKT

Both teams played hard. Got it :rolleyes:

18. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

These last 2 points are really ridiculous. They Kept Eduardo Najera on Yao one on one because Yao did a phenomenal job with defensive player of the year Marcus Camby who FOULED OUT. Kenyon Martin was injured, who did you want them to guard Yao with. They couldn't double him because of the season high number of 3s the Rockets had hit that night.

Yes Anthony Carter scored the winning bucket, so what does that mean. That means the Rocket's SHUT DOWN and CUT OFF the Nugget's 2 best options and FORCED a role player to win the game. He made the shot, good for him, but would you rather have had AI or Carmelo win the game for them? They did exactly what they needed to do, they put the onus on someone else for the Nuggets to win and good for the Nuggets Carter stood up and won the game for them. I'd be a lot more upset if they left AI or Anthony exposed to win the game, wouldn't you?

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I guess you missed the three huge three pointers that Shane made last night, one from the parking lot (to quote my boy Worrell).

I guess it was past your bedtime when those things happened, though.

Hayes is limited offensively but is a hustle player that understands where to be on offense without the ball. he is an effort guy who is way better than Madsen ever was.

20. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

WTF is your problem? You're either an idiot or didn't watch the game.

We got a great EFFORT. That's all we need to be happy fans. And when was the last time we could say that we got one? The Phoenix game???

There's no swaying with the wind in that.