1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Rockets leave spot for Sura

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macfan, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Wow this is the craziest thread ever. If only someone would produce some sort of link to give meaning to this story. It sounds too good to be true.

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I can back you on this one, it's 1997, here's the link:

http://www.nba.com/history/allstar/slamdunk_year_by_year.html

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

That's harsh. Maybe Durvasa just remembers that long ass Redick thread ;)

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

but that's just fines and suspensions - there's nothing about ejections...

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Here's a list of his career ejections. Sura only had 2 technicals his rookie year, but 9 his second year:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3019

He had no ejections his rookie year. He did have 3 in his second year. Maybe Rocket Dynasty was mistaken and it was in the 96-97 season. That would make more sense. Sura was called for 4 fouls in that game, with 2 turnovers. Rodman played in that game, and Jordan lit the Cavs up -- scoring 45 points.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

7. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

are we supposed to laugh now ??

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ok, since I can't post the link, here's what Ming_7_6 said in that forum:

EXPOSED!!! This is the same troll that's been banned on ESPN boards, Realgm boards, and was once banned on this board.

9. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I think this Rockets Dynasty clown should be banned. We rely on clutchfans for dependable information and honest analysis. Not only did he lie, but he perpetuated it by going on with this BS. :mad:

10. NewYorker

Well, didn't he say it was in the 72-10 season, which was 95-96? But the story is now in doubt as there are some serious holes.

Besides, I think Sura taking down both Rodman and Pippen would have been remembered and reported a lot more...and someone would remember that....

Sura was a sane rodman though - he throws balls at refs, and has been know to kick a few things. So I don't doubt his intensity....

11. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

wtf is wrong with everybody ??? stop messin with rockets Dynasty.. it's not nice doubting a guy who confirmed that he witnessed such an event.. if u dont believe him, then shut the hell up and go F urself.. that's not his point anyway, his point is that SUra is a great, tough player and I agree with him on that.. stop going into details like freakin' 2nd graders and forgetting the big picture...

please now, stop all the Bullsh!t.. there's nothing u can do about it.. stop b****in,.. Sura will be back hate it or love it.. and guess what, all of y'all haters will be embarrased .. I would suggest u start planning a "counter-excuse" to explain that u actually liked Sura and u just had a big dose of *** the day u said that he's finished.. :D

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why is it all these newbies around here need to be so aggressive and throwing curse words around?

RocketsMac, you could have gotten your point across in a much better manner.

Sheesh !

DD

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think he should be banned unless he's proved to have purposely lied. But he did give an incredible story without much evidence. I think it might be based on an event that actually happened, and he just exxagerated it. I found a reference to an incident in 1996 when Jordan busted Sura's nose in a game.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Indeed. He's consistent with his stuff, never-ending.

Here's some of the replies about his behavior and replies to the "Bob Sura Jordan" thing:

You guys may know this guy as pryuen, here's his take on Ming_7_6...

Another by someone else:

Some people may be annoyed by the people complaining about "Rockets Dynasty", but truth is we're just trying to get some credibility, honestly, and protect this forum from the infamous ming_7_6.

15. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I hope Sura will contribute in some way to this team who is pretty much capable of what he do best.

GO ROCKETS

16. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

lol. The point is this story just isn't true. Nobody here mentioned sura's game. I like sura. I looked through the fine list and it just didn't happen. And event such as this would surely lead to a fine. :rolleyes:

17. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I agree. Just because you skip a letter in the word doesn't mean you didn't say it. I can't see why that's allowed.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like nothing more than for Sura to come back and play well.

However, just because somebody claims to have witnessed something, doesn't mean it is accurate. I'm not even saying his lying. I am saying that a check into the details of his story does show that he was wrong. His rememberences may have built up the game and his mind now believes that the faulty memory has become truth.

19. NewYorker

anyway, let's hope sura makes it back....he would shore up our shaky backcourt and really brings championship swagger to the team...

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

havent read the whole thread but is this about the bulls or sura?

either way i figure sura is going to be back and play well (limited minutes <20). i just find it strange that there has been no tangible updates from his rehab and how soon he may be ready to go. if that is the case and he retires after the rockets can apply for the medical insurance or whatever i can see them re-signing jacobsen