1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Rockets leave spot for Sura

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macfan, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Rockets Dynasty

What difference does it make if he didn't play in the game? The rules about leaving the bench were different back then.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

It's not impossible. If you move (Like I did), you get a different IP. Which means, they won't know it's you. As for you claiming you don't know Ming76, and don't use the ESPN boards...

Well, I guess we'll have to take your word for it (again and again), eh?

3. Rockets Dynasty

You know that's beyond rude it really is.

I guess you ARE Ming_7_6.

Maybe I should report you?

Maybe I should start telling everyone in threads you cannot be trusted because you are this mysterious Min 76 poster.

For real, that's sad man.

Forget this thread.

4. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

sura is a bull dog

it would be the icing on the cake if he can come back

We are just too packed this year for Casey,,, he is like another frahm

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You forgot the link again.

6. don grahamleone

This story is probably false. There is no record of Sura being ejected that year against the Bulls.

List of ejections going past the 1995 season

7. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Guys, stop hating. I am Michael Jordan, and everything Rockets Dynasty said is true. It was back during that 72-10 year, when Bobby's Cavs took on my all-conquering Bulls. He was an f-ing rookie then. I took him into the post and he was all over me.. I told him to get the f- off, and when he didn't listen I posterised him. The little punk then posted me up on the other end and dunked on me!! Michael f-ing Jordan!! Can you believe that? He then glared at me, threatening to kick my f-ing ass. I backed off.. the f-ing rookie had gained my respect. Toughest warrior I ever faced. Would have loved to have had him on my team

8. don grahamleone

Will you sign my computer?

9. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Here you go, son:
    [​IMG]

Know what? Just cos you're part of the greatest sports BBS in the world, you get a free pair of shoes too. Just go to www.jumpman23.com and register yourself. Tell them Mike sent you.

10. don grahamleone

No thanks. Your shoes are ugly.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ lol. You guys are too funny.

The way I read article is they were expecting Sura to retire as late as this week. They wouldn't expect this if there was ANY hope in their heart that he can come back. But Sura told them HE hasn't given up hope. The Rockets respect his decision (though they expected a different one because they are basketball experts not just forum Sura fans) and because there is other value in keeping him on (possibly more value than keeping CJ who is a 15th man on this team) they can wait until Sura comes to his final conclusion. If he can contribute - great. But if he can't and they can get someone with the TE that can contribute and make a difference, I expect the Rockets to pressure him to realize that he's chasing a dream - just like Rockets Dynasty.

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Do you personally know his doctor or you simply practising witchcraft?

13. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Most young fans here also didn't know , when Sura was at FSU,not only he was tougher than nails but he also got mad hops.

I think he once was in the slam dunk contest in the NBA , couldn't remember which one.

When we saw him play for us, his wheels were basically done!

Mad props to the warrior.

14. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Durvasa,

You're being a little b-itch. Enough already.

-P1st, S2nd

15. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

I think it was in the 96 dunk comp..i think it was when kobe was there

his dunks sucked big time though

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then after that, 20 thugs hired by the Bulls came and were going to burn the Cavs team bus with everyone on it. But Sura used a special meditation power and squeezed through the window and fought all 20 guys and beat them all unconcious except for one.

Sura then grabbed the lone remaining thug, who peed his pants. Sura told him, "Go back to the Bulls bus and tell Jordan, and Pippen what I did. Tell them there is plenty more where that came from." Then looking down at the wet spot on the thug's pants Sura added, "Have them send me the Laundry Bill for your messed up britches."

But Sura wasn't done yet. He grabbed a ball from off the bus and threw it high into the air. It crashed through the arena's roof, bounced off of Jordan's face right into Pippen's nose making even flatter and more "Alice the Goon" from popeye like, before swishing into the basket.

That night in the hotel room where Bobby Sura slept, Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman, Oliver Miller, and Hulk Hogan, all busted into the room with orders to kill Bobby Sura. Bobby slammed them all onto the ground, and was about to pummel them all, when hotel security kicked him out.

Lucky for them.

#96 FranchiseBlade, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is a meltdown reminicent of the RM95 vs DaDakota fight of 2000.....

RD, take a little sage advice.....let it go....

DD

18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I remember one of his dunks made the season highlight reel, but can't remember which season.....97-98?

19. MC Ren

MC Ren Member

This thread is effing hilarious, I'm LITERALLY in tears, falling over laughing out loud. This story^^ just takes the cake. Unbelievably funny..

20. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

uh...no you didn't. this was your first mention that it happened the first game.

and i totally forgot you mentioned it happened IN cleveland, which ruled out the 2nd and 3rd games as well.

but you also said...

so this implies he received multiple personal fouls, however, he was only charged with 1 PF that first meeting.

he also wasn't ejected, to which you argued:

well, yes, that is an official record. it's recorded by STATS, Inc., which is the official provider of statistics for the NBA and owned jointly by the Associated Press and News Corp.

sorry, i had missed this little tidbit earlier....

LIAR.

your string of posts clearly indicate that this is much more than a faulty memory.

first, sura took jordan in the post and dunked all over him

when asked for a video clip, we learn that it was an offensive foul which somehow means no one would care about the dunk enough to preserve it

first, rodman and pippen were thrown to the ground by sura

when asked how this is possible if rodman didn't play, we learn that rodman came off the bench

come on....sura waiving off his coach, mike "the czar" fratello, four games into his rookie year?

you're basically scrambling as people point out faults with the account to the point of asking us to believe your 10 year old memory versus recorded data.

the next time you want to trot this story out on a message board, please, incorporate some of the data elements we've provided you with. it should make the next debate much more interesting.