1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Rockets leave spot for Sura

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macfan, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Rockets Dynasty

if you look at what he posted you see he proved absolutely nothing.

All he proved was that Sura scored zero points in the third meeting.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i read this whole thread at 4:00am as drunk as a drunk person could be. and it culminated to this perfect post here about a regular season game that happened about 10 years ago.

i need to get a life. what a shame.

who freaking cares.

3. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

It's your words against ours. Let's all just shut up and see what happens next, OK?

I thinks most of the guys are willling to give Bobby our respects and best wishes for what he did for us in the last few years no matter in or off the courts. We all appreciate that a lot.

I also believe Bobby and the management made this decision for the benefit of the whole team. Some of their public words are just diplomatic IMHO.

BTW: I really didn't buy your 10-year-ago story ban be the base of keeping Bobby on this team.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He narrowed it down to the specific game it could have happened. There's also a contradiction regarding ejections. You say Sura was ejected, but that doesn't show up for Sura that year. I"ll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one, though.

Like I said, the incredible detail you went into from memory makes me skeptical. How do you know what Jordan said to Sura?

5. Rockets Dynasty

Yeah well that's absolutely WRONG, he was ejected in that game I remember that clearly.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Rockets Dynasty, I thought you said you were a realist lol.

Yet, basically nothing you've said has been proven and a lot of it seems to have been disproven. Why not just say "Jordan and Sura really got into it one game back when Sura was a rookie, and afterward Jordan said he was the only rookie he ever respected. I don't remember all the exact details though".

That would be considered a bit more "realistic", don't you think?

And let me tell you something...

I and just about everybody else will ALWAYS believe basketball-reference.com over you. It's basically the gold standard of online statistical records, and you are...well, you're just some guy that has a tendency to exaggerate things or make them up completely.

7. munco

munco Member

Your memory versus the records of the NBA. Uh.... sure buddy.

I can see Jordan and Pippen saying Sura was a tough player and competitor, but to say they said Sura was the "toughest competitior, the greatest warrior, the guy they respected most for fierceness in the whole league" is absurd after playing him in one game as a rookie. It's one thing to embelish a little bit, but you've gone far and beyond that.

8. Rockets Dynasty

Like I said, it happened the FIRST game they played.

if you cannot grasp that because it happend in the first game, not the third game, then you can call me a liar because that is what you believe.

All anyone has to do is call me a liar and I will shut up. But for some reason no one can do it.

It's like a sociology experiment, because everyone knows they cannot prove it didn't happen.

A post that proved abolutely nothing other than the author didn;t view any of these games "disproved" me.

Yet others have found references to Sura Jordan fight, Sura broken nose, and Sura Jordan jawing match.

Like I said either call me a liar and get some freaking balls, or just admit i'm the only one that saw the game.

9. durvasa

Has this been established already?

10. Rockets Dynasty

What records?

You actually think that is an offiicla record?

And why is it no one even responds to the fact that it happened the first game not the third?

if that post proves I lied, then it is only if it happned the third game.

I said from the beginning it happned in the first game.

Somehow Rodman not playing automatically meant it didn't happen in that game, but like I said I never said he played in the game, i said he came at Sura and Sura threw him down.

11. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

Don't your guys think it's a little weird to discuss a sorta make-up story in the thread of Bobby finally making on the team? :confused:

It's 4 pages already.......

12. Rockets Dynasty

This poster and another one posted that I was a "banned member called Ming_7_6"

This was a couple months back. I posted something which was later proven true with a link and copies sent to admin.

Anyway and they said it was a lie. They then said I was a previously banned member called Ming_7_6 and that I could not be trusted, blah, blah blah.

Whatever.

Anyway my member status was revoked down to rookie and I was told that several complainst were sent in about me because whomever this Ming _7_6 is he must be banned immediately.

Needles to say i was quite ticked off by at it and got nothing but silence from the admin when i asked who Ming_7_6 was.

Apparently some people here hate me, and BTW I was never a poster here before so how could I be a previously banned member called Ming - 7-6 or whatever?

13. durvasa

Wait, your story only makes sense if it was the third game. In the first game, Rodman didn't play and Sura only got one foul.

Then your details can't be right.

If Rodman wasn't playing, why would he even be there? Doesn't seem like him to attend a road game when he can't even play.

14. durvasa

Yes, it is weird. Even more so that I'm doing this at 4:30 in the freaking morning. What the hell am I thinking?

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

OMG... Dude... SO THAT'S who this guy is. Ming_7_6, it HAS to be him. The Jordan Pippen Sura thing was made up by Ming_7_6 on the ESPN boards. I can't believe he has lasted this long on these forums. Unbelievable.

16. Rockets Dynasty

How many times does it have to be explained? He came off the bench and went at Sura.

17. compucomp

compucomp Member

Your story is so ridiculous that you're the one that needs proof. We don't need to produce proof to contradict you, you haven't produced any evidence to show that what you said happened actually happened.

Bottom line, you're a f*cking liar until you prove otherwise. What you've given so far isn't even close to proof.

And you need to chill on Sura. You've 10x-posted the same rant about the board giving up on Sura. It's a broken record, it was annoying anyway, and now you've flabbergasted us with this ridiculous story.

18. Rockets Dynasty

Um yeah, I honestly have no idea who this person is and I don't even use the ESPN boards, they are archaic and I just looked at them like 2 times before.

Can someone please tell me who Ming 7-6 is and why I am being labeled them?

And also how people think I could be that person if they were banned before? You know message forums KNOW if the same person is using their board.

remember i joined the board back n June before the draft, i came through the rockets.com draft article which linked this forum, I like MANY others joined through that at that time, and I like many others didn't even know the board existed before then.

19. durvasa

The game you're referring to occured 11/9/95. Rodman missed every game from 11/9 to 12/6 in that season. So, he must have been injured during that stretch.

This was a road game in Cleveland. Previous game was two days earlier (11/7) in Chicago.

Just based on those facts, it doesn't make much sense to me that Rodman would have even been there. Was he suited up?

20. Rockets Dynasty

Kudos

Anyway like I said, either believe me or call me a liar.

There is no way to prove that because the internet won't have info on it. So asking me to prove it is basically a cowardly thing to do, the only manly thing to do would be to call me a f-ing liar or to just let it go.

I am telling the truth and that's all that matters to me but at least you had the courtesy to just say you think I'm f-ing liying rather than asking for a link while knowing damn well it wouldn't be there even if it happened, franlky that's rather childish and immature.

So thanks for your kindness compucomp

Anyway can someone explain this Ming 7_6 or Ming 7-6 I cant remeber now exactly how it was, but can someone give me the info there? It seems the board needs to get Clutch to go ahead and confirm that I am NOT him because otherwise some members here are going to be on me because they came up with me being him/her for whatever reason.