1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Rockets leave spot for Sura

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macfan, Oct 28, 2006.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm not doubting Sura. I'm doubting the almost word for word quote above. Sure Sura is tough but there have been some tough MoFos that have played this game over the years and some of the toughest ones have eventually been taken down by injuries.

I hope Sura plays again... but I'm not holding my breath. I'm pulling for him to come back and if he does then we can see if has enough game left in his body to beat out Rafer, Vspan and Head for playing time at the one in the back court.

The way those guys have played at times this preseason it's not going to be as easy as, "hey I'm back now let me start".

2. Rockets Dynasty

The forum by 90 percent declared he was 'done."

That is totally underestimating Sura.

This guy will be back doubting that just shows you don't know the guys history.

McGrady as to you personally I don't know what you think about Sura, but as to you doubting me I really want to make clear I don't give a you know what.

3. Ankich

Ankich Member

Did I ever tell you about the time Bobby Sura took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Sura takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half and, sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. The day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. I could hear Sura yelling over the roar of the flames: "Always leave things the way you found 'em!"

4. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

I agree. The main reason Rox management keeps Sura was the reason Feigen discussed, that is Rox has until Feb 13 to let Sura retire and then have the full MLE to play with. Also important is they didn't think Jacobsen is worth keeping given then backcourt talents. Worst just use the MLE to get someone decent early next year.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hostile, are we? I just wanted a link, for some credibility. Given your history of over-the-top optimism, many times it's hard to believe you.

:D

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i hope he comes back and this is a clutch classic moment.

i have no idea what shape he's in but there are way too many people who act like their freaking bob sura's doctors.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

nice :)

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Like I said in a previous post Sura had to make a decision, he did and it cost Jacobson a job. I didn't know he was practicing so maybe he's close to suiting up because if he's not what's the sense of taking a roster spot if he isn't going to be back on the court soon.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

shut down the thread, we have a winner, haha.

10. Rockets Dynasty

Look I wan't trying to get hostile at all, I was simply letting you know that it was pointless to explain you doubted what I said.

I am not an idiot and I truly don't give a damn.

As far as the optimistic thing, no I'm a realist, not an optimist, nor a pessimist.

For example I would say T-Mac is more talented than Kobe or Lebron, but he doesn't produce what they do, but he's just flat out better than Lebron.

He doesn't ever seem to equal kobe because Kobe just seems to want it more, but I would rather have T-Mac simple because he can equal Kobe when Kobe is trying, and T-Mac isn't as much.

In other words, what a casual observer would call optimism, a keen observer would call incite.

11. Rockets Dynasty

As far as I know he began practicing last March, but most of the board seems convinced he hadn't practiced yet.

12. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

I don't have any attachment to sura or jacobsen either way. I just feel it's kind of selfish of sura to cost jacobsen a spot, when sura has a guaranteed contract and will get paid either way. Sure, sura doesn't owe jacobsen anything. I just feel bad for jacobsen in this case even though he probably wouldn't play much at least he still gets to be in the nba and receive an nba contract.

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

...sorry but truly we all just want a link since we all don't follow sura's history, but great story. I still miss the guy very much.

14. Rockets Dynasty

Now wait a minute.

Jacobsen sucks. That guy absolutely sucks. The love for him here is ridiculous. Ina ll honesty I think Bowen is better than he is.

Man I guess no one saw him in Phoenix, the guy is flat out awful.

I am sure the ONLY reason he didn't make the team was because between him and PADGETT he is an inferior player.

With Sura even the possibility he could come back would be a no brainer over Jacobsen.

This board needs to stop confusing Jacobsen with being an NBA player because he just flat out sucks.

15. Rockets Dynasty

There ins't going to be a link to something that happened in a regular season game 10 years ago.

if the board is so worried about it, maybe someone should prove me wrong, otherwise just call me a liar.

I would rather be called a liar than spend a week searching for some link on the net only to then be told it was made up or my own website etc.

I think everyone here knows exactly how group think works.

16. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I tried searching on google, and found an article citing Jordan and Sura jawing at eachother in a wizards - golden state game - so there is something between them.

I don't think it will be possible to produce a link - I mean, that was 10 years ago before the internet is what it is today.

We'd need to find out the date and look it up in old newspapers (do they still do microfilm?).

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Surely there is a link to a play this spectactular or a video.

I'd like to find this exchange on YouTube or a torrent.

Some one help Rockets Dynasty out with a link to a transcsript of the on the court banter, an article about the game talking about how Sura punked out Pippen, Jordan AND Rodman, or a video clip of this action.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

How I see it is that jacobsen didn't earn his spot. If Jacobsen produced, then we would surely make room for him, but since he didn't we made a cut. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with sura. During the off-season, JVG made a statement implying he was looking for 14 or 15 players to be on the roster. Jacobsen didn't show us anything on the court. He deserves to be cut.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Sura would have been cut if he had a smaller contract. He isn't coming back. The good news, however, is that Juwan Howard isn't even mentioned as a possibility at the 4.

20. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Well, in the article JVG did say jacobsen had made the team, until they found out on wednesday night, that sura was still going to try to come back. I know, jacobsen wouldn't be playing much. I just like rooting for the underdogs and guys like jacobosen trying to make it in the nba as a 15th man. Brian Grant knew when to retire. I think sura should have realized this too. The thing is even if sura does come back, I don't see him playing ahead of alston, wells, snyder, head or vspan, so he'd be in the same situation as jacobsen - at the end of the bench.