1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Rockets, Lakers and Game 7: Why we care and what will be the difference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jimes, May 16, 2009.

1. Jimes

Jimes Member

2. moo

moo Member

This sentence hurts my foreigner's head :confused: :(

And someone please explain this one to me:

3. AznPlayR99

AznPlayR99 Member

I don't like the word "overachieved" we were actually pretty well favored in the beginning of the season. It's the injury after injury that led people to write us off. Even then we came together like we did last season without Yao and still competed...

I'm glad the fans everywhere are finally giving us credit!

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't know Bill Russell's was the last team that had beaten the Lakers at home in Game 7. :eek:

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

[rquoter]On that subject, John Hollinger makes a case that Rick Adelman has outcoached Phil Jackson.[/rquoter]

I have completely glossed over this angle in the series. It would be so cool if our Rockets beat Jackson's team with his top two stars in the lineup and Adelman without his. I would be neat to see that happen for him after the disappointment in those Lakers series when he was in Sacramento.

#5 rocketsregle, May 16, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Its in reference to celebrations getting out of hand in other cities such as Boston where they would light cars on fire and have other violent incidents.

The last time we won a championship, everyone gathered on Richmond street and it was very festive without any incidents.