1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets have tough decision to make on final roster spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I REALLY love Conroy's game. But I just don't see how you can pass on the potential, athleticism and length of Pops.

I think Conroy could eventually unseat Lowry as the backup PG if given the chance.

3. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Without yao and dorey and DA struggling on D, popps will get the gigg

4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

This would be easy if Morey can ship out those unwanted players..Barry, Dorsey and Cook...and my final options would be Pops, Conroy and Beck.

5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Man you are right on Morey needs to get rid of those dead weights and Keep Pops-Conroy and Beck

6. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Barry is retiering, coock has a vlueable 3.5 expiering contract and dorsey will never get.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^Donating to tip jar will let you erase those Freudian slips, rockets2.

8. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I think you keep Conroy. I hate to lose Pops, but Cook & Dorsey are under contract. Plus, Conroy's a "true" PG.

Your frontcourt is:

Dorsey,
    Cook,
    Andersen,
    Hayes,
    Scola,
    Landry,

I feel like we should reinforce the point rather than add depth to the frontcourt. Who's capable of playing pg if either Brooks or Lowry go down - cbud?

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Especially when the Rockets don't have any potential, athleticism and length in the post to begin with. I think it has to be him too, but if so, I'm wondering what they'll do with Dorsey. I heard nothing but bad about him last year and I'm not sure the summer league solved all that.

10. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

I saw Barry on as a host on NBA TV today. He's gone. We need to work out a way to get rid of Cook or Dorsey so we can keep Pops and Conroy. Otherwise, Pops will get the gig.

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

I really like Pops and Conroy. I thought Beck looked pretty good in his first game. I'd like to see him play some more in the next few games.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

rockets front office are always making decisions like these, then wonder why they are undersized against bigger matchups against opposing teams. :rolleyes:

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

We need to buyout Cook, don't think he has much trade value but if we could work out a standard buyout of his salary minus NBA min he could get from another team, it would be worth it to keep Pops and Conroy. I think Conroy is better than Pops but Pops fills a rebounding and shot blocking need for the Rox.

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Scola, Landry, and Hayes are very good PFs IMO. The reason we are considered undersized is because we don't have Yao...

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

There's no reason for Cook to accept a buyout unless its for his full contract value. No other team would want him, even for the minimum.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Keep Cook. His expiring contract has value. Because I don't see Morey letting everyone expire and dip into the free agent market next year.

Although I'd LOVE to see Morey just letting everyone expire and then trade Battier and then offer a 10mil per year contract to Rudy Gay. Trust me, Memphis WON'T match!

17. 1individual

1individual Member

We don't need another PG. T-Mac can also play PG at times needed. Pops can block shots. Thats more important!

18. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I would love to keep Conroy. Seems like the best prospect out of those four.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's a good idea.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

On second thought, I think you're right. It's going to be difficult for the Rockets to go this route.