1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets going after Howard AND Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 9, 2013.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Being a huge RP fan myself, I always get a kick out of this. Thanks.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wow! Amazing, this is what I wanted him to do with bosh,wade and lebron. He is thinking outside the box here, pat Riley-esque.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man Morey is not ****ing around.

Essentially it will come down to the Rockets giving away Robinson, Lin and Asik if this were to happen and one of CP3/Dwight to take a little less money.

Ask yourself this Rockets fans. What if the Paul and Howard were ready to sign and we were able to send out Asik and Robinson to teams for no money in return, but in order to dump Lin's bad contract, you had to include Parsons. Would you sacrifice Parsons to create a big three in Houston?

#104 larsv8, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Harden was only so ball dominant because the Rockets' had no other consistent threat.

If he had other superstars he's shown he can play off the ball too.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Does anybody here seriously want a Big 3, especially this way? Me personally, I don't want it. Partly because of at least 2 of the 3 (Harden, Paul, Dwight) you can say they are: self involved, not the hardest workers, floppers, whiny, prone to drama and so on. But mostly because of principle - the Heat gets hated for it, why should the Rockets be any different. And how you fill out the rest of the roster? This is not like getting Dwight & Josh Smith, though that would also be too much like a big 3. Chris Paul, Harden and arguably Dwight are players you can build around. That's a big 3 to the 10th degree and I really wouldn't like it but that's just me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Time in the future, stages, what sci fi thriller are you watching. There's no stages type deal for Trob. I don't even understand what you are talking about. The team that wants Robinson wants him now so they can determine what their needs are in the draft. That's a draft with or without Robinson. Houston wants to hold off trading Trob because if they don't get Howard they want to keep Trob. Those are two opposing goals.

The team that wants Tro, wants him now and not at some predetermined time after the draft when the Rockets are sure they will have Howard and need th cap space. Why would they agree to some time in the future based on our needs. That would be stupid on their part and they would only agree upon something as ludicrous if the benefit of waiting was largely in their favor. Meaning we basically give Trob away for the cap space.

Now we can wait till after the draft but it will be without any under the table deal. It will be we'll talk to you after the draft if we still need him. Which is no problem and might even give us some leverage with some teams if they do not get a decent PF in the draft. But it might not. I think Morey will wait unless he gets a colossal deal before the draft that he just can't say no too. But that will be because Morey has a ood read on the market for Trob and the possibilities of those teams interested finding something better or potentially as good in the draft.

8. SSP365

SSP365 Member

most sensible post in this entire thread.

if they go after both, everybody is gone except Harden and Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Fine with me.

10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Totally agree here. Just gives the CP3+DH12 option more "national" coverage. Floats the idea.

Also, with regards to the T-Rob trade timing (July). I think that mention is more related to the Rockets not seeming as "desperate" to have to trade him in June. Gives them more options and more leverage in trades.

I know we all talk about the ability to do these "wink wink" type of deals, but I think in reality teams don't want to chance it. I think the Rockets want to move Robinson in JUNE so they have the money "right away." They are just leaking that "can wait until July" thing to give them more leverage with teams.

1 person likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Without hesitation.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'd be highly surprised if it took several weeks. If the Rockets on July 1 decided to make Omer Asik available for cap space, I think they'd have a deal within hours. Probably one that takes White as well. With Lin, it might take a bit longer, but his deal is perfectly reasonable given his position, age and upside, and I think there's a good chance a downtrodden franchise would take a flier on him.

I really don't think it's "a LOT" of trades needed to free up additional max room... it's two, one of which is a slam dunk. I'm pessimistic on their chances to add both because all indications are that CP3 likes LA... but from a cap standpoint, I'm very optimistic that they could clear the room by July 10, if needed.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Great question to pose because everyone likes Parsons so it makes it difficult. Everyone likes "the guys that their team drafts." Those guys are hard to give up because of the emotional pull.

I would say "yes." Getting "super stars" is the key. I do not believe Parsons will be an NBA All Star. He will be "very good" but I do not see All Star in him.

Just remember, many people feel Chris Paul is the "best PG in the NBA." And not too long ago Dwight Howard was considered the "best C in the NBA." Think about that for a minute. We would let Parsons get in the way of adding the best PG and C in the NBA?

And I trust Morey to be able to add/find quality role players to surround a Harden/Howard/Paul troika.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I seriously can't handle anymore speculation.... HIRRY UP JULY!!!

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

See, im so flustered thatI can't spell...

*HURRY

17. betterhomesbytj

Pasrson has WAY too much value..... especially for the next 2 years were getting a steal...... if it means giving up Parsons. Then im ok with ONLY dwight!

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Makes sense that this was the plan all along. All you need is for Paul and Howard to agree like Bosh and Lebron did and the rest will work itself out. Parsons MUST stay though and it shouldn't be difficult. Tons of teams will be in line for Asik and there will be several teams like the jazz that would love Lin for a pick

Could be the most significant offseason in Rockets history. Get excited folks!

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Scary thing is if we get all 3 our team will be stripped to nothing. But I think after 1 season morey could pull the vets ring chasing.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

CP3 may like LA but does he see a viable path to a ring staying there?

At some point players like Howard and CP3 start thinking about their legacies.