1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets deal forward Novak to Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Was the 2nd round pick to Minnesota part of the Gerald Green deal?

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Yes, that is correct.

On a personal note, Steve is a great guy, might have been the most "regular guy" on the team.

#162 Stevierebel, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

A no-defending, one-dimensional player that is too light to play PF and too slow to play SF for more than a few minutes per game. Yeah, we're really gonna regret losing him. :rolleyes:

Moving Novak was simply a salary dump (to provide flexibility to resign Deke and Landry??) AND chance at moving up from the end of the second round to the front half.

How can people keep saying this about Mt. Mutumbo? Yeah, he's about ready to receive his AARP membership, but he is arguably the best available backup for Yao. No one can argue the defensive presence he still brings to the post and with the addition of Artest, I think Deke becomes that much more valuable to this team.

#163 RocketsPimp, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Being the first pick of any round doesn't mean much if you can't play defense at all in the NBA.

Nice guy. Good shooter. Maybe he'll be able to make a name for himself on a weaker Clippers team.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He may be one of the greatest shooters of all time, but he can do little else.....

6. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

This is the end of the supernova era! Sob sob :eek:

The guy was so hyped here at a point of time there was like a 500 reply thread for his nickname alone...

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Who is that guy with the sig that says "The proud owner of an autographed Steve Novak Jersey"?

...Sorry, Bro...

8. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Actually, every guy that comes here is hyped. We're so bored, there's hype for everyone. OK, maybe not Bobby Jackson. I'M SORRY, BJAX! :p

9. FariyadTheKing

he is just gonna get cut....

10. roswell raygun

I think he also has a Donte Greene jersey.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It was "The Yoyo."

I am sure agents of Rockets players are already calling him to find out who else's jersey he has so that they can give early warning to clients who should be preparing for a move.

12. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

:eek: I see novak the same as Nachbar. Didnt they also play the same position? Only thing I remember is that in 04-05 Nachbar lit us up with 21 off the bench. Hope this doesnt happen with Novak.

Is there any good player we can get for steve? Cat would be awesome... Imagine The Franchise and Cat on the court for the Rockets again. Man I get chills just thinking about it

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea . . Me Too

Hopefully he will find a spot in their rotation

Rocket River

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Ouch....

15. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

So if we trade steve how can we get both franchise and cat on the court at the same time?

16. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I thought that the move was more to reduce the roster number. We don't need anybody back.

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

errr, baron davis is the PG for clippers. U must have mistaken with a diff team.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

To get anything for a guy who does not belong in the NBA was a great move by Morey. I'm sure Novak is a great guy but he isn't very good. Bye.

19. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

I think we may be considering keeping Patrick Ewing Jr...

20. superhoga

superhoga Member

I get chills too. We sucked for six years straight, iso-ball was the only thing Rudy could come up with easy enough for "Franchise" to run, and the best thing out of his years here was his inner ear issure that resulted in Yao.