1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets deal forward Novak to Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Aug 5, 2008.

1. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Who got next ?? Luther ?

2. Omer

Omer Member

He's gonna light it up in LA and we will regret it.

Novak seemed like a real nice guy, sorry to see him go.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

My wife is officially a clippers fan...lol. Good luck to Mr. Steve Novak.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

A clipper draft pick seems pretty nice.

The team may have improved a bit with Baron's leadership. To be honest, their team seems pretty broken in terms of chemistry. They have Marcus Camby, the guy who played in a chemistryless team for quite a long while. Then they also aquired Ricky Davis, who just left a completely broken Miami Heat. However, given enough time. They might just get along and become a good team.

Still, I don't see them being playoff contenders anytime soon. Since the arrival of Barry, Novak is now useless. If we aren't gonna use him, might as well trade him. An earlier second round pick is probably worth more than waiting for Novak to develop.

As long as Morey is here, any draft pick is a good one.

5. bball1217

bball1217 Member

Wow, the Clippers got Camby for the exact same thing they got Novak for. :p

6. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I wish Steve will have more playing time in LA and do well.

7. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Ain't that the truth. Morey probably draws up hundreds of scenarios way in advance, he's just getting ready to strike.

8. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

...therefore Camby = Novak. What is Morey thinking??!!

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

See ya, Steve. We'll always have that one game where you hit the game winner. Too bad you couldn't play a lick of defense.

As for the Rockets, I'm glad we got something in return for him rather than let him walk. Shrewd move, Morey.

10. fayesun

fayesun Member

novak=camby in terms of the trades

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Good trade. I was hoping for a 2nd round pick but the rights to swap is still ok. Clippers are not going to make the playoffs so their pick will be higher than ours.

I loved Novak's shooting accuracy but his release is too slow, much like the rest of his game. He can't defend, he cant' do much of anythign other than shoot.

A good trade that gives us more room to negotiate salary wise.

Another good move by the brass balls wizard.

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Novak was a nice guy but no way we could keep him on the roster

13. amadeus

amadeus Member

A triple-win sign and trade.

Rox upgrade their 2nd-round pick,Novak gets a better contract,Clippers get a shooter.

ByeBye Supernova,good luck. :)

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Some of you are reaching. You want more for Novak?!

He is a good person and all, but his game only consists of shooting. Add to the fact that he hardly got any playing time the past two years, plus he's only improved a little I don't see how much more we could have possibly gotten for him.

I'm assuming we get a small TE and the fact that we will be a bit more under the luxury tax gives us more flexibility for any moves that Morey might have in mind or to simply re-sign or sign a back-up C, and hopefully Landry.

15. yaorta

yaorta Member

good luck, steve, see you next season

16. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Did i miss something about his contract? I didn't see it.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I like novak, but just like many players, he needs to find his niche'. He either needs to get quicker to to play some 3 or get stronger to play some 4. He also needs to show he can contribute something even when he's not shooting. The Rox need to continue to purge this roster of 1 dimensional players. Next to be gone, Head.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Clppers don't even want Head. The only GM that would have been stupid enough to take him would have been Isiah. It's too bad he ain't a GM anymore.

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I wonder when this swap of picks will occur. Neither the Clippers nor the Rockets have their own second rounders in the 2009 draft (the Rockets have Memphis's second rounder). The Rockets don't have a second rounder in 2010 either; and the Clippers are already swapping with Denver in 2010 from the Camby trade.

This could be one of those deals that everyone forgets about and then crops up much later down the road, like 2011 or 2012.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It will only be a salary dump if they keep the roster at 14 or less. If they sign somebody else to take his spot, it will not be less than Novak's rookie contract.