1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Promoter Arum calls Pacquiao-Mayweather dead

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketMadness, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

One of them should fight paul Williams. Give that guy a chance.

2. King1

King1 Member

Neither will touch a PWill fight. Floyd will even admit that

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Granted... what do you think the result would be if either of them fought PWill?

4. what

what Member

Dana White sides with Manny.

Fact is, the majority of non-biased fans are on Manny's side.

And, anybody that can defend Floyd's position with as much crap he pulls AS THOUGH HE IS RIGHT are delusional.

Everything, and I mean everything, Floyd says is BS. To use an old term, he is an incredible flake, and has been one his entire career, and yet, according to you, Manny is the problem. Give me a freakin break. Manny has always been upstanding and he never talks, never difficult to sign, his whole career.

If Floyd don't watch out his meal ticket is about to leave him high and dry and we all know floyd can't afford that to happen.

5. King1

King1 Member

PWill would beat both by decision. 115-113 vs. Floyd and 116-112 vs Manny.

6. King1

King1 Member

That's far from a fact. What boxing sites do you post on out of curiosity? I'm curious because even some of manny's biggest supporters have turned on him.

You are a token of the media and hilariously fall right into the trap Floyd has set for you. You realize Floyd couldn't draw before he he changed his attitude right? He made you hate him and now you just want to see him lose. You are the type of fan that helped make Floyd a ppv draw. Sorry to break that to you.

They both are the problem to be honest. That said, Manny is the bigger one here. Manny took the same test that Floyd is requesting for the Hatton fight. It's pretty simple. Floyd gave manny 10 million per pound over. Manny can take a blood test. Victor Conte is an unbiased expert here (if anything, he would be against GBP because of the SSM situation), and he agrees with GBP and Floyd.

You have it all wrong. Why is Manny fighting Joshua Clottey? Manny better pray Berto beats SSM (which won't happen), because he's not fighting another GBP fighter without the same testing. Once Clottey/Pac bombs on PPV (and it will), you will see what I'm talking about. What happened to a JMM fight? truth is, it was not out there for Manny without the same testing. JMM is negotiating with two opponents right now and Manny was never even discussed.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I agree that it's strange for Manny not to just agree to the 14 day. Only explanation I can think of is either he's hiding something or he just doesn't want to give Floyd anything and is determined to mark his territory.

I think what willl happen is for both of them to fight other people, bomb at PPV numbers, and realize they need each other.

8. what

what Member

Paul Williams barely got past Sergio Martinez.

IMO, Paul Williams vs Mayweather would be one boring fight.

The fight I'd like to see would be Andre Ward vs. Paul Williams. THAT would be a hellacious battle.

Williams needs to move up to super middleweight. But he still has two fights, in the middleweight division, left.

A match with Kelly Pavlik and A rematch with Martinez.

Then it could move up to battle Andre Ward or Andre Dirrell or if Timothy Bradley wants to move up he could make the middleweight division interesting.

I'd love to see Timothy Bradley in a big fight against several people. Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams, Pac-man (wishful thinking).

There are a lot of good fights on the horizon.

Example: Gambo vs Mtagwa. Steven Luevano vs Juanma. I'm so stoked to see this boxing after dark card. I would have paid 50.00 to see this card, and get it basically for free!

9. King1

King1 Member

What's funny is I like manny. I just have seen this for a while now and am not surprised. Just like if someone told me BHop was in the same situation (and he's one of my favorite fighters of all time). It's not manny. He's a yes man. The problem started when he had to move his camp between the Phillipines, LA and Mexico. Roach and Arum lost control and here we sit.

They absolutely need each other. Clottey/Pac and Mayweather/Paulie aren't PPV fights. Funny thing is that Floyd may go the intelligent way because he is advised by Al Heymon. Al is best friends with Sam Watson who has all the pull at HBO. Al may put Floyd on regular HBO to further prove his point while Manny's PPV fizzles. That way, manny's numbers look poor while Floyd does a huge number on HBO. Al knows exactly what he is doing. Arum doesn't have many dogs left in the fight nowadays. The Margarito/Cotto situation hurt him bad.

10. King1

King1 Member

Sergio Martinez is a top 15 p4p guy. No shame in a FOTY candidate with two p4p players.

Ward/Dirrell vs Williams would be terrible fights. Did you not see Dirrel/Stevens? Think that.

Gamboa/Mtagwa is the real fight on that card. Juanma will get stopped by the winner too.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL, Of course they should put it on HBO. Nobody wants to pay for a Paulie-Floyd match. Talk about BORING. At least Pac and Clottey has a chance to make an exciting fight. I will agree that both aren't blockbuster PPV caliber fights. No way Floyd fights on HBO. This is Money Mayweather were talking about. Only reason I see him fighting on HBO is because Team Money doesn't want to bomb on PPV numbers. Would look good if Team Money doesn't draw as much as they talk how they do.

12. King1

King1 Member

Bwahahahaah. Manny/Clottey has a chance to be an exciting fight? You can't be serious. Name me 2 exciting fights Clottey has ever been in. Not only are they not blockbuster PPV fights, they aren't PPV fights period. End of discussion. No way Floyd fights on HBO? I'd say it's 50/50. "Team Money" would bomb on PPV nembers. Not as bad as manny would though. See, Floyd would only get around 8 million for a Paulie fight. Manny has to take home 15 million at the end of the day. The only reason Arum could even make this fight is because it's "in-house". You never heard Clottey's name mentioned. It was Malignaggi and Yuri Foreman. My guess is Clottey is only making a million for this fight. paulie asked for 3.

13. what

what Member

Why do you chance the facts. The hatten fight? Umm, Floyd was asking random 14 days. Floyd is asking a completely different drug testing agency to handle the blood tests. It boggles the mind that you say that the Hatten fight was the same test. But what do I know. You're king1, the clutch fans boxing expert.

Then you say I've fallen into Floyd's trap because he created his heal image to sell tickets. I have no disagreements that Floyd is better as the heal, yet my emphasis was not to criticize floyd's antics. He is good at it. But antics aside, there are very real questions about him dodging fighters to pad his record, coming in overweight for the Marquez fight which speak to his character and have nothing to do with antics but simply his vanity. So my point was a simple one, if I'm going to side with a boxer, who would be the more likely candidate. The guy that clearly has an agenda or a guy that just comes to fight. Again, the answer is simple. Floyd, regardless of antics, has a track record for this. You say Manny should take the test on floyd's terms.

Also in the back of Manny's mind, I'm sure he wants to avenge Marquez's honor, when floyd came in overweight to make the fight look easy, so because it is floyd, Pac is being more difficult, but at the same time if floyd didn't want to change the rules of boxing to suit him this deal would have already been signed.

And then you say Floyd GAVE Manny the 10 million clause and I'll say that with most fighters a catch weight would be a catch weight, but with Floyd, again his track record, not his so-called antics, proves that you can't trust him to come in at weight WITHOUT a big clause like that. It is again floyd being who he is, a boxer with no character that required such a clause.

14. what

what Member

dude can you just stop posting on my responses.

I don't care what you think about fights.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I liked the Cotto-Clottey fight. And Pac makes entertaining fights. You can't deny that. After the uneventful Marquez-Mayweather fight, I don't think he can put up big numbers again without a marquee fighter. He lost support from casual fans with that one. The fight that does the better numbers will be the one that attracts the casual fan. Manny is more of the casual fan's type of fighter than Money. Folks want to see lots of action, that is what Manny brings. Floyd, not so much.

16. King1

King1 Member

*Hatton*

Random up to 14 days before the fight. Look man, boxing needs this. I could careless who put this into the spotlight. It needs to be done. The testing in this sport is a joke plain and simple. You sound a little upset. Are you mad? I never claimed to be Clutchfans boxing expert. I'm just posting in a thread like everyone else.

Floyd has a track record of not making weight? Please provide examples of this. He missed weight after his first fight back in two years. That's it. Manny asked DLH to make a weight he had not done in 10 years and then people celebrate the victory like it was something special. Manny's most impressive wins to date are Morales and Cotto. I'm saying every boxer should take the tests like Floyd is suggesting.

10 million per pound? Really? Floyd has no character? You may want to ask the people of Grand Rapids and Vegas about that. Floyd does tons of charity work. He just doesn't put it out in the media. He needs to be the bad guy. That's his meal ticket.

17. King1

King1 Member

Then why did you respond to me at all? Somebody got their feelings hurt on the internet

18. King1

King1 Member

Manny makes great fights. I just don't think anyone can get a good one out of Clottey. I don't think Manny or Floyd can draw at all with these opponents.

19. what

what Member

I am absolutely positive that you watched Mtagwa vs Juanma after the fact. Your keen insight absolutely knew ahead of time that fight was fluff to build up juanma and gambo for their fight.

king, newsflash, nobody cares about mayweather. No, he'd get 8 million and 1 dollar to fight hatten again and he'd take that fight instead.

20. King1

King1 Member

You would be absolutely wrong. Mtagwa was actually a big GBP prospect way before the Juanma fight. he's always been able to crack but couldn't handle boxers. I'm sure you knew that already though.

People care enough about him to haveh is name next to the biggest PPV fight of all time. DLH was completely irrelevant yet they both cashed in on a fight that was a glorified sparring match.

Also, can you please learn to spell Hatton? Thanks in advance