1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] No extensions for Thabeet, T-Will, Flynn, Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Jan 25, 2012.

?

Should we have extended:

1. Flynn

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Williams

43 vote(s)
    18.7%
  3. Thabeet

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Hill

46 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. None

153 vote(s)
    66.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember the "cook out" last season? (http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2011/02/09/PlayersCompete2Mbcopymov-1552213/index.html)

Williams made it clear then he was primarily interested in one-on-one playing. Hoped he would get it in his head that he needed to learn how to play off ball. What a waste of pure athletic ability.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think they are going the Lowry way when dealing with Lee

I don't think we are letting him walk unless some team offers a crazy amount above what Morey thinks Lee is actually worth. Otherwise we will match any offer like we matched Lowry. Lee is a starting guard in most teams, and I think Morey is keeping him just in case Martin is traded.

From this whole thing I realized how much of a bargain Budinger is lol, even though he's been struggling lately, we are paying peanuts to him comparing to what we are giving Thabeet, Flynn and TWill.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Which is why Bud still has trade value! Parson is exactly the same way now! Gotta love those second round studs!

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Jordan Hill must have showed something in practice that just won't translate to the nba game yet.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

somewhat off topic, but I'm convinced Dragic is a real keeper. Of all this offseaon's free agents that could develop into impact players, but can be had at a value (like a Kyle Lowry from 2 years ago), Dragic best fits the bill. I know he's a UFA and that we need to maintain our cap flexibility, but any chance we lock Dragic up? Great thing about him is he can play both backcourt positions.

6. arjun

arjun Member

yea shooting hook shots over assistant coaches or beating thabeet one on one..

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lol At Bima trying to talk business with Twill.

Terrence is not going to stay where he has no opportunity to play his game.

DD

8. arjun

arjun Member

honestly lol...he should go back to NJ, thats probably the best team for him to get PT and develop his game

9. cod

cod Member

I think it's a Rockets move. CD signed 2nd rounders to longer terms.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it was more an attempt to make him feel better about Houston as a possibility this summer.

Too bad his emotions got the best of him and he (seemingly) burned that bridge this morning.

11. cod

cod Member

I feel they should at the very least offer him an extension that's the same type of money he's currently on.

12. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

I think Lee's worth for a new contract..Alot of Team's are going to get him if we don't Morey need to do his Job...I mean unless he have trade in works..and let them walk out for nothin something better then nothing.....I wish Lee can stay as a rocket he can play D and score...

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

THIS.

The guy was just put on notice he's not coming back on top of not playing (I never thought much of him as player to begin with.)

TWill is not going to be all "lovie dovie" with the idea of hanging around. Add all of these guys (Williams, Thabeet and Flynn) to the list of Scola, Martin, & Dragic who may not be all that happy with at a certain GM. That's 3 rotation guys and now the scrubs on the bench. Not to mention a certain lottery pick who has to be pissed about not getting a sniff yet in the NBA, while watching others build ROY resumes.

If they adopt an us against the world attitude it could work for the team or it could make Mchale's job ALOT harder. It will be interesting.

14. cod

cod Member

To be fair he has a better read for obvious reasons of the FO and coaching staff than anyone here.

15. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Morey Dosen't apperciate player's, Reason why player's are scare to come here not to have a stable home....Including Lee..etc.

16. arjun

arjun Member

No I think you guys just overrate players.

All these 2009 guys suck, and none of them are worth the money. Courtney Lee is valuable but right now is only averages like 9 ppg and nothing much else.

If he continues to play like this then we get a better idea of his value at the end of the season.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Per Feigen: No options are picked up! Neither Lee! They want max cap space in the off-season.

18. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

WOW > Jonathan_Feigen
    Rockets have told all 4 2009 lottery picks won't pick up their 4th-year options. Also won't extend CLee. Want max salary room next summer.

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Man, I thought Jordan Hill would stay, but oh well. And please stop the talk about Courtney Lee. He's not an "09er" with an option. He has a qualifying offer, but Morey will more than likely let him test free agency, and decide whether or not to match it.

20. cod

cod Member

Not extending Lee is understandable. I think he'd want to try his luck at free agency. With his rep as a defender and a 3pt shooter he'll get offers.