1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] No extensions for Thabeet, T-Will, Flynn, Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Jan 25, 2012.

?

Should we have extended:

1. Flynn

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Williams

43 vote(s)
    18.7%
  3. Thabeet

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Hill

46 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. None

153 vote(s)
    66.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Twill will go to either the Knicks, Warriors, Heat, Clippers or Thunder next season if he is not traded.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

TWill is an idiot, and his twitter posts just confirm it.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If T-Will worked harder and tried to adapt his game to the Rockets need, he would definitely be playing. He is a talented player, unfortunately he is too focused on wanting to make the big play and being the guy with the ball in his hands at all times. That's just not the way the Rockets work. The fact that he plays so lazy when he isn't playing his way is even worst. It could have been him starting, not Chandler Parsons, if he would of just played with a lot more passion. McHale was probably looking for someone to bump Chase out of the line-up, and T-will had that opportunity, but he instead played like an uninspired player not willing to do the little things to earn his rotation spot and now he loses.

It's no surprise. I was rooting for T-will, but his demeanor after the few games he played in the beginning of the season was plain horrible. If after 4 coaches, 3 of them sat you down, that must mean there is something wrong with the player himself.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Your an idiot, and TWill's twitter posts just confirm it! :mad:

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's truly a kid in a man's body. I don't think he's an idiot, but I do think he has some issues that need to be addressed, personal issues, that may prevent him from ever being successful at this level. To be angry with Rockets management is absurd. That front office paid a high price to get him, and he was given every chance to prove himself. That proof starts in practice, and clearly he hasn't been performing there. The very best thing this cat could do would be to shut up, stop the internet/Twitter BS, and bust his freakin' arse in practice, and if he makes it back on the court during games. Show what he can do, instead of showing what an immature head rests on that amazing NBA body of his. Then, maybe then, he'll be offered a contract by Morey. If that were to happen, he'd be a fool not to take it.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got my timing wrong. You are correct that Landry was a one year deal, but Steve Novak, the prior year, got a 3 year deal (first 2 years guaranteed). Granted, Morey was just an assistant GM at the time, but the move had his finger prints all over it.

The Landry situation was just a weird one. See: http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Landry-Rockets-at-odds-over-contract-offer-1815135.php

Basically, the Rockets planned to do the same with him, but had a very screwed up roster with 17 guaranteed contracts, and no exceptions/cap room to make a multi-year deal.

Probably. McHale seems to like players with grit to them, which just isn't Chase.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spo...s-on-wiliams,-flynn-and-thabeet#ixzz1kUyJk93d

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Really Want lee to stay a Rocket. So does that mean they picked up jhill's option?

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Why was Lee taken out of the title ?? I know his situation is different but he's also not getting an extension.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]The Rockets still have to make a decision on the 2012-2013 option for center/forward Jordan Hill who is part of their rotation.[/rquoter]

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I am curious what we are offering Lee. Do you think we are saying $5mil and he is saying $7.5? I think it's a good guess

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

LOL!

Thabeet "woah - what? I'm not getting an extension? What am I gonna do for cash now? I can't think of any other job that will pay me $4mill+ a year to fly around the country and sit on a bench."

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Please let Hill walk. Stromile Swift part 2 is done. Throw some chump change at the rest of them, but otherwise, time to empty the trash.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I sure they are offering him a chance to see what the another team offers him. Morey doesn't make offers for other teams to beat on his RFA.

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The one guy I think has legitimate value is Flynn. When he's played, he looks like a legitimate NBA Point Guard. Not necessarily a good NBA point guard, but one that belongs in the league, and still has some untapped potential. Shouldn't we be able to trade him for something? Maybe a second round pick?

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Williams an all-star? In what universe? The mistake everyone continues to make about Williams is that they look at his athletic ability and talent and fall in love with possibilities. What folks fail to consider is that the guy has the brain of a hummingbird which tells me he'll never realize the full potential of his ability with his current mindset. That's why the NJN dumped him into the D-League in the first place. All that talent and potential is meaningless if the guy is too dumb to understand what it takes to make it in the league (play within the confines of a team's system). So yes, Morey flushed away a lotto protected pick for nothing in this case. I am not against gambling per se if it's done smartly. Gambling on Williams was a sucker bet from the start.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

TWill's mentality and style of play would fit nicely with the Washington Wizards.

Damn shame he couldn't put it together for the Rockets.

18. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Why are they still thinking about Hill's option with less than 12 hours left? Morey probably had already made a decision to not pick it up but maybe working on a trade to send Hill somewhere and let the other team make that decision. Just guessing....

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

My God!

[​IMG]

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When out there, Twill didn't seem to grasp that he isn't running the show.

His talent is great to have. He can get assists, he can defend.

But you'd have Dragic begging for Twill to pass him the ball and Twill just dribbling, dribbling, dribbling. Doesn't seem able to take direction.