1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] No extensions for Thabeet, T-Will, Flynn, Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Jan 25, 2012.

?

Should we have extended:

1. Flynn

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Williams

43 vote(s)
    18.7%
  3. Thabeet

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Hill

46 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. None

153 vote(s)
    66.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Hasheem Thabeet: $6,471,183
    Jonny Flynn: $4,329,865
    Jordan Hill: $3,632,527
    Terrence Williams: $3,143,716

The league minimum for each of these guys next year would be $885,120.

(FYI, the Rockets' team option on Chase Budinger--which can be exercised at any time prior to June 30, 2012--is for the league minimum amount of $885,120. Those thinking that the Rockets will decline his option need to get their heads examined.)

The Rockets have the advantage of being able to re-sign any of those guys to a five-year deal, with 7.5% annual raises. No other team can offer more than a four-year deal, with 4.5% annual raises.

That said, I doubt any of those guys is worthy of a deal that would greatly favor the Rockets re-signing them.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well at least they tried. Can't win them all.

4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

just curious..how about Bud? isn't he the same batch as J-Hill?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Thanks BT. I think a room creating move is on the horizon. Twill may get a look as a result IMO.

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of those underrated things. Other teams are doing this now as well, but Morey was one of the first to secure longer term deals on 2nd round picks (Landry comes to mind). Likewise, Parsons is looking like a player, and he's locked up for another 3 years for cheap. These deals create windows where you can build a good cap situation while also having attractive pieces to land stars (either through trade or by having a good team with cap space).

Chase is floundering a bit now, but I'd have to think there'll be interest in him around the league when he has another year at under $1m to go.

1 person likes this.
  8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

No tweets from the twit?

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

In China maybe. Not in the NBA.

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's not even a decent benchwarmer right now.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Unless we deal KMart in a trade, CLee is leaving and getting his payday (I see him getting somewhere around $8-9 mil/yr on a team desperately needing a SG)

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well that figures, let's hope some day Morey can get us a decent free agent with all that cap room.

DD

13. rawool

rawool Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Damn I will miss being an ROCKET next year....option denied... But the lord don't make mistakes RED ROWDIES was so good to me...whoop</p>&mdash; Terrence Williams (@TheRealTWill) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealTWill/status/162233853572947968" data-datetime="2012-01-25T18:02:19+00:00">January 25, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He had a one year deal, and was a restricted free agent, we had to match Charlottes offer for him.

I believe it was because of Landry that Morey started offerening longer deals for 2nd round picks.

IIRC>

Chase just doesn't seem to fit the McHale type of player...he would fit in for Minny....and elsewhere with more defined offensive sets.

DD

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

TheRealTWill Terrence Williams
    [rquoter]Damn I will miss being an ROCKET next year....option denied... But the lord don't make mistakes RED ROWDIES was so good to me...whoop. I will remain professional and humble about this sport... It is def a business an sometimes others call shots that shouldn't.[/rquoter]

#75 J.R., Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  16. gah

gah Member

Yep, he was the lesson.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

BimaThug: @TheRealTWill Hope you leave door open for return to #Rockets after season. This was a cap maneuver, not an indictment of you as a player.

in reply to ↑

@TheRealTWill: @BimaThug I don't think it was a cap move, and naw I don't think I will

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Wow. That response is total frustration being parlayed. He's trying to take it right but it's killing him not playing and not being wanted.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

in that first tweet by terrence williams that hsf09 posted is he basically saying that either Morey/McHale are not fit to do the job that they are.

Actually it may be more towards Morey since he makes the decision to decline or pickup options and plus I am sure players may not respect him as much since he wasnt a former player himself in the NBA or college so he "doesnt get what its like to be on the other end" ....

Kind of a shame that terrence williams keeps tweeting that he will remain humble and keep working but then tweets something like this still showing his immaturity. But I am hoping he works his ass off for the rest of the season helps the team out a lot and proves the FO wrong about declining his option, but history shows he will most likely not do that.

20. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

T Will going nuts on twitter. Not sounding too pleased. Looks like any chance of him trying to work for us just went out the door, unless he wants to showcase himself to get a payday...if he gets any PT