1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[chron]No Bull? Rockets say they still would have won like Mike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 5, 2006.

1. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Let's ask Zandar...
    [​IMG]
    Zandar says, "Definitely. We'll definitely never know."

2. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I suppose I have to work on my sarcasm...

I believe that the Rockets would have won as well, it's just that opinions don't hold nearly as much weight when there's no opposing viewpoint. So far I haven't seen a single person willing to come to the Bulls defense, and figured that at least one person was willing to defend the legacy of the most popular player of the '90s.

I suppose I was mistaken.

3. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

We can't beat UTAH we certainly can't beat the bull

4. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

I agree with you totally. That's the way the way the cookie crumbles. How can one say that the rockets could've beat the bulls if the rockets beat utah who lost to the bulls in 6 games? Plus it doesn't matter that the rockets beat the bulls on a regular basis in the regular season, in the playoffs the bulls were so dominant in every which way: defense, rebounds, outside shooting, teamwork and plain and simple great leaders, system, and coaching staff. And sorry but if the rockets were really champions during all the bulls dynasties, they would've made to the finals all those times. To be a champion the team has to win and prove it. The 95 bulls didn't win because Jordan was not in consistent basketball shape and did not have a real power forward (horace grant signed with orlando that year) and had to accept tall perimeter player Kukoc as the PF. Don't tell me that you didn't the difference between the 95 out of bball shape Jordan and the 96,97, and 98 back to form, high flying, quick Jordan. I honestly believed the rockets would've lost to those bulls in 6 or 7 games four out of the six finals the bulls won. And believe those rockets were great but the bulls were better as a team. I'm a rocket fan now even though they're not in playoff contention. I believe they will eventually win a title in a couple of years if they put the right players around yao and mcgrady and barring not to many injuries.

5. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

^^^^^^^^

I hate to harp on the noobs, but paragraphs are your friend. :)

I disagree with both of you because of the all-important factor of matchups. The fact that we didn't match up as well with the Jazz as we'd have liked (actually we did pretty much own them before that series, it was a flip of a coin) has no bearing on how we competed with the Bulls. The Jazz just didn't have favorable matchups with them compared to us.

The Sonics always matched up unbelievably well with us. They probably would have handled us during our championship years, but we'll never know. We can only make an educated guess from our head to head records around the time.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Charles might have had something to do with that.

7. bushwickbillyd

bushwickbillyd Contributing Member

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was already said, but Jordan was only gone for one of the Rockets championship. Jordan came back in '95, and the Jordan lead Bulls couldn't make it to the finals. It isn't the Rockets fault that Jordan's team didn't reach that year.

It isn't the Bull's fault that Houston didn't reach the finals the years when we were dominating them during the regular season.

9. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i remember watching the bulls weekly show in 93 cuz i wanted to hear what they said about the upcoming texas trip,i still remember what phil said.

the mavs= "its nice to get a road win on a tought trip like this ( i miss the mavs being a 10 win team)

spurs= its going to be a good game,blah blah

rockets = houston always gives us fits, i am glad we dont see them in the playoffs

as for 97,we would have matched up better than utah

imagine had we beat em in 97, being to beat up to do it again in 98 :(

#49 cuneo77, Apr 6, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

We would of destroyed them.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

No, he isn't. Bill Russell earned 11 rings in his 13 years in the NBA.

#51 GladiatoRowdy, Apr 6, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  12. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

After reading this thread... I feel like replacing Chuck Norris with Michael Jordan... as both are able to do anything at anytime...

13. einstein

einstein Member

Yeah, i seem to recall AI burning Jordan, Kobe stealing jordan's farewell all-star game victory(Kobe was a teenager), Shaq sweeping jordan and the bulls. Bird and Magic are just like jordan; legends. Jordan is just the greatest MARKETED NBA player ever. surround AI with the same help Jordan had and I guarantee AI will be the "greatest ever"

14. einstein

einstein Member

we couldnt beat Seattle but we beat Denver and New York. :p

15. einstein

einstein Member

and Shawn Kemp... and/or drugs and alcohol (although alcohol is a somewhat socially accepted drug b/c of the amount of political pull and money it brings into this country)

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

umm...I don't think we ever played Denver in a playoff series in the 90's...

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

i loved this article ...i carpool with a mavs and spurs fan and we were debating about this and ofcourse they were hating....jordon quote finishes the argument for me

18. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Oops...misread something. Deleted

19. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

May God have mercy on your soul

20. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Thank you! That Rox :D