1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Chron: MRI reveals a tear in Kevin Martin's labral

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 23, 2012.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of people are down on Martin because of his inconsistent performance, but I think this article has shown the cause of the problem. Remember, this thread showed the obvious dropoff in Martin's performance after February 2nd, which is when the article says the injury occurred. Having him back at 100% health would not be a bad thing for this team, but it would have been nice if they could have addressed the issue back then.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wise words. I hope he heels quickly.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, if he comes back strong from the injury especially if we make the playoffs and he is awesome on a national stage I will be very happy.

4. Hightop

Hightop Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't care about his inconsistent shooting, I care that he doesn't play defense.

So when he is not scoring he is a net negative on the team overall.

DD

6. rocketsmetalspd

I hope he comes back 100% healthy and I agree with most here it is not his offense that he needs to work on but his Defense. Martin must improve his D in order for him to really contribute to the team.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Work on his D? I wonder if you guys watch the games sometimes. Martin plays excellent given his tools. Martin's problem is he doesn't have the frame strength or reach that someone like Courtney has. It's not because he needs to learn how to play D it's because at times he can get backed down and he doesn't have the strength to stop that. He doesnt have the size to stop some from shooting over him. No matter what he does he will never be an elite defender and put him along side Scola, Budinger and it amplifies his weakness. But with a stronger defense on the floor his defense is adequate.

8. HPD

HPD Member

hahahahahahahahahaha no virgin

9. mazinger

mazinger Member

I think you're confusing Kevin for Aaron Brooks.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I read that full treatment for this lasts 8-12 weeks

11. dartherus

dartherus Member

Same can be said with Scola, with a 6'6" C, and crappy perimeter D (During Brooks time, when paired with Martin), he looked really awful.

With a legit C and improved perimeter D (like happens now) opposing teams have it harder to try to exploit him on D. For instance with Yao Backing him up, I've seen games where he had pretty good D against players like Dirk or Amare on his prime.

12. arjun

arjun Member

When Martin is having one of those 1-10 nights...mchale will play lee more!

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the real point to be made is that those 1-10 nights weren't happening very often prior to the injury, so those "net zeroes" were not an issue. My biggest beef is that it took so long for the team to deal with the injury when it was obvious to the good people at Clutchfans as early as February 12th that there was a problem:

14. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah Rockets need to hire an intern to simple lurk on Clutchfans write down any rumours or "insight" that need to be investigated.

All that bothers me, is this not the first time this has happened. Now like 4 major playesr the Rockets have had over the past few years have had a big/major injury missed or improperly rehabbed. Yao never complained about his injuries until they were too late. McGrady injury wasn't properly diagnosed until he botched the trade, and then the rehab/return was a perpetual nightmare. Brooks last year should have just been benched until he was 100%. Patterson not having the ankle surgery for a chronic issue until August? and then having a much longer than expected rehab. Now Martin playing through a injury that was not diagnosed when it happened.

I know Jones is considered a good trainer, and helped out the Olympic team and all that. But there is some thing off with the Rocket's medical team and it has been worrisome for awhile.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Take your time K-Mart

17. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Budinger's defense has always been bad:rolleyes:

The real reason most people in here hate Martin is because he fell out of grace with Morey, simple as that. We know how quick Morey's fanbase on here turns on players (ex: Mcgrady, Brooks, Martin).

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Sure, he doesn't play much defense but he is an elite scorer. We could certainly use his scoring off the bench come playoffs.

19. Pete the Cheat

translation: I don't actually watch games, so I wouldn't know all three of those players quit on the team.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't think they quit on the team directly. Each had their injury problems, mental problems. Pouted and got traded.

Of those McGrady achieved the most, but was paid accordingly.... failed only in the playoffs which was instrumental. He behaved like a diva, was too much lady ......but I give him credit before 2008.
    Brooks won MIP...... damn I still like him.... he is actually a likeable guy ... I don't know what happened, he is still a very good spark off the bench, and a good starter on an average team.

Martin ... yeah... nice offensive player, nothing more and nothing less..... he was spectacular in Sacramento but they never reached the playoffs... enough said