1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey's outlook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jan 18, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

heh. That's the kind of bullcrap I'd expect to hear from Tad Brown, not Morey. I hope Morey is just lying and not in denial.

2. dmoneybangbang

2? Kay?

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Those are the type of words you hear from somebody who has already acknowledged failure. That was script right there. If he had hopes, he would acknowledge the truth and talk about where to move from there.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Les is the owner. He is Morey's boss. And he was on TV the day of the hiring saying he was giving Bickerstaff the whole year. I'm not sure why you keep calling for Morey to hire a new coach when the owner has already promised this season to Bickerstaff but you look sort of silly doing it.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Leslie is a problem for sure, but Morey's comments and behaviour is not helping his cause.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Le$ and Morey needs to reflect why Rockets suck like this after just one summer!!!

Its UNACCEPTABLE!!!

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Every Morey fan here paints a rosy picture of him but it's far from the truth. This egomaniac is basically saying we will live and die by my philosophy. I was hoping some change, some acknowledgement but everything is where he wants it.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Only 2 times first round success for the past 10 years!!!

Other team scared? Nonsense.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A high post passer to help facilitate better half court offense would be most welcome. DMO could be that as well if he ever gets on the court.

Noah's defensive intelligence (help defense) and passion would do wonders for the Rockets. Too bad he is injured and out of play.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because that is what needs to happen. IMHO, which I am sure you will disagree.

Les is holding Morey's feet to the fire.....your team, your mess, your coaching staff, how this team does will determine your fate.

I don't like that (If even true), I want Morey to hire a new coach, and not waste a year, because so many unknowns about next year.

DD

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like JBB, but let's be honest, the task right now is tall and it is going to take more from a coach than he has available at the moment.

Thibs is the obvious answer. But I don't think he is going to take over a team "mid-season" so if the Rockets want to get Thibs, they'll have to let this play out.

Thibs certainly has his warts, but for the Rockets to go anywhere they will have to get the very best out of Harden. And to do that, it will take a strong coaching hand that Harden respects. Thibs fits the bill.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Morey might have talked big when McHale was let go, saying, "Money is not an object to Mr Alexander (when it comes to winning)," but I don't think they want to shill out another $5,000,000 a year (pro-rated) for a real coach when McHale's sitting at home in Minnesota throwing bundles of dollar bills into the toasty fireplace like Tweety Bird's "struck-it-rich" Granny.

Combine that with available coaches taking the year off in similar circumstances (Thibs still getting Chicago money)....?

Anyway, JBB is there til the end of the year. Hopefully Brewer gets traded; otherwise, JBB will keep giving him minutes. Those guys are tight.

13. dmoneybangbang

How so? Do you not think Les approved of Morey's decisions? Or maybe even told Morey to do? Like extending McHale?

So many assumptions about things you will never be a part of.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont understand why everyone is roasting Morey for the "no team wants to face us in the playoffs.."

It's a true statement...

We are a very streaky team that anything can happen with... If harden catches fire, he could put up 50... as we saw last night, D12 can explode... Thornton, Brewer, Terry... we're a very hit or miss team - anything can happen... as opposed to Memphis, Dallas, or Utah...

I don't think the upper level teams are shaking in their boots or anything... but we are something of a wild card that I would rather not play if I was one of the other teams...

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Making assumptions is what Tiggers do best!!

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Morey can't go over Les's head. Les made the decision to give the year to JB. After that Morey loses the power to change coaches. How exactly do you expect him to change coaches when Les has already said that wasn't going to happen? It doesn't matter if it's the right thing to do; Morey can't go over Les's head. And each of your hundred posts suggesting he do just that are plain silly for that reason.

What you are saying in essence is that if Morey does what Les instructed him to do, Les should fire him for it. That makes less than zero sense, but hey...

DD, right?

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

That's why they can play 7 games to win 4 of them.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

would u rather play 7 against Houston - or sweep utah in 4? memphis in 5?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden's fate might be determining Morey's fate

He might not be fired but close to and I think it is high time to groom an

assistant GM for the long term, in case Morey is going to be fired during a

season. You never know with Alexander's weird temper(ament)

Much like Morey who succeeded Dawson

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually CyberX said this, that Morey was being held accountable, am just doing the natural extraction out to the end.

DD