1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey hope to atleast get a starting center by trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ramathorn006, Feb 10, 2011.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The guy is possibly the most clueless player in the NBA. I sometimes imagine there are songs playing in head while little tweety birds circle around him as he runs down the floor

Don't get me wrong, he still accomplishes a decent amount due to his length and athleticism alone, but his brain does him absolutely no favors. I definitely wouldn't trade Scola for him.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm going to assume you watch more Wizards games than I do hahah. So is he Stromile-dumb or Cato-dumb? Because Stromile-dumb is pretty bad while Cato-dumb is serviceable.

1 person likes this.
  3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hmmm...I almost want to say Stromile dumb...but his superior length makes him serviceable. :)

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Right now, as long as stromile-dumb + length can defend better than any of our bigs sans Hayes, I'm on board.

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

$4.4, $4.7, $5.1 mil.. no option on the third year moron. Gonna insult somebody get your facts straight...douchebag

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Brad Miller has a three year deal for 4.4, 4.7 and 5.1 HOWEVER the third year is only guaranteed for 848,000.00 thus making it essentially a team option with only minimal damage to the cap. Also makes it a nice expiring deal for immediate savings and a nice trade chip at that year's deadline.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

It is essentially an expiring contract next season.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

True, makes it a hell of a trade chip next season or the following. I don't kill the contract or signing, my only issues is not being able to get Tyson Chandler being so darn close.

9. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

I hope Chuck Hayes signs with a contender next season. Had Yao not gone down, Chuck would be playing 12-14 mpg in a contract year and probably not even checking in some nights. Now they want to go bring in some lame center like Dalembert or Nene Hilario?

Nene, this cat is 7 foot and has never averaged more than 7 rebounds per game. This while playing along side chuckers like Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony? Dalembert is not even worth mentioning.

If Chuck stays, there is no way he is going to get the $4.5 to $5 Million Per Season he deserves. If Morey wants him to be a situational defender, he is not going to pay more than $3 Million per season. Mark my words, 4 years, $10 Million will be his offer.

By the way, The Chuckwagon is averaging 11.6 points and 10 rebounds in February and 10.2 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 3 assists since returning from injury in 2011...

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Chuck is way beyond a situational defender, he is a legit starter in this league.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I thought Tyson's turf toe would have caused us problems. I was wrong. DM missed out on him,we would have much better off with him.

12. YaosDirtyStache

He is still 6'5...doest help with our lack of size sir.

13. University Blue

Well, I will not be surprised if Houston ends up with anyone BUT a starting center by trade deadline. I will guess Granger and that Utah backup C.

14. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

First off, u cant blme injuries on Morey. This this team was built around a 7 foot 6 center that we oblivious don't have. Yao's length would of made Scola's defense a lil less mandatory while leaving chuck to handle all the dirty work when needed. Martin can be a go to guy if we had a more athletic and versatile SF. T.Will would be the type of player that would make Kmart a go to guy with his ability to get to the basket and vision. Morey has done a good job. He has acquired enough pieces to get a deal done. Let tha man d his job

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You're kidding right? Asik is an above average center even as a rookie. He's top 15 among all centers in the league in block %, reb %, and defensive rating. His offense leaves much to be desired but the Rockets don't care about offense at this point.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i would like dalembert here

he's a decent defender?

did he play with deke in philly at all?

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Stats Smats! You couldn't get a Top notch 7-footer for just Courtney Lee! But if this trade happens I hope I'm wrong & you're right bro.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There were a myriad of 5s put out there yet I don't hear the name, Lopez, Robin Lopez. Starting center for Phx ... who receives about 15-18mpg. With Gortat and Frye he doesn't get much run. I like the guy's upside, but how is a 7 footer...invisible?

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well, I'd actually counter that his lack of upside is what scares me away from him. Like you said, completely invisible and not only that but he doesn't rebound well. He's just overall very unimpressive, IMO.

Reminds me of Hilton Armstrong.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Now, that is a damning indictment!

I don't see player development coming from the desert and, depending on cost - of course - I'd like to see him at the Toy Shop.