1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey hope to atleast get a starting center by trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ramathorn006, Feb 10, 2011.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I've been in strong favor of bringing Iggy to Houston, but the 6ers are playing VERY well right now and are in the thick of the Eastern Conference playoffs and have won 7 of their last 10 games. They probably wanna keep that core intact and build off that.

Dalembert/Monroe would be nice. While it may seem like Dalembert is sucking it up, his numbers are actually really good considering he's only playing about 20mins/game.

10.3ppg/11.5rpg/2.9bpg for Dalembert per 36min/game

2. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

U clearly are satisfied with a team who just lost 2 the damn Timberwolves
    Kevin Martin is NOT a go 2 guy and Scola plays no D. Morey has made some huge mistakes and now we have a team of guards and no SF's. Also no size at center. If the deadline passes and no moves are made Morey has FAILED this season

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I knowing our best friend in the NBA is Sacramento's GM I feel that Dalembert will be the guy that is in a Rockets uniform February 24

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol the trades clutchfans members propose.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like Dalembert but the salaries Sacramento need to absorb would be a lot. He's making about $14 this season so the Rockets would have to ship out at least 3 players (most likely including Brooks) just to get Dalembert.

For example:

Battier, Jeffries, and Brooks would work

Now...I don't know about you but that is a LOT to give up to get Dalembert

6. Ramathorn006

Yeah thats what my concern was too. And I wouldnt want any other player from the Kings either. Maybe Casspi but thats it.

We will get our answers with two weeks. But most of us are just not that patient, including myself lol.

7. steddinotayto

Funny thing is, I just did a trade machine trade of:

Casspi and Dalembert

for

Battier, Jeffries, and Brooks

and it works

Of course, I doubt the Kings would want to trade Casspi unless it was to dump one of their bad contracts (e.g. Garcia)

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

What huge mistakes has he made?

This team was built based on Yao playing this year. All indications were that he would be able to play and be fully recovered from his surgery. So with that, this team was put together. Is it Morey's fault Yao went out AGAIN? B Miller and Hill would be great behind Yao. Scola played well with Yao and so did Hayes.

I know you are upset at the current team and record, but Morey finally brought good role players in to play around Yao. Yao just wasnt there unfortunately.

The Yao era is over now so we move on. Im sure he is trying like crazy to bring in a real C. That all depends on other teams WILLING to trade with us...

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just because I disagree with a poster on one thing doesnt mean I am automatic in my disagreement 100% of the time. I wont get back into the rudy gay deal because its a non issue, i was just agreing with the freak and the rockets looking for immediate help.
    Back to Utah and Fasenko which is what I started with, the Jazz have been trying to save money since last year. They traded Brewer so they would have to match an offer or give a contract. They gave away Maynor who is a very good young capable pg to also save money in guaranteed money. The let Wes Matthews go for mle money when they couldve easily matched. The likelyhood of the jazz matching even a 4yr 8m deal for fasenko would have been less than 50-50.
    The players getting away primarily because of AK-47's contract is the primary source of D-Williams frustration. Yeah, they traded basically boozer for jefferson, but the talent that has left because of the lux tax has hurt the jazz big time. They had to match the frontloaded contract of Milsap because he was cheaper,younger, and just as effective as boozer. Not to mention they knew boozer was going to get more than what they were willing to pay.

So now, we are back to square 1 again,we're back to square 1 of the on going hole that is the center/backup center for the houston rockets. Of course after the last playoff appearence and even before, the rockets never had the time to take and develop a young backup center. Yet, Orlando had time and they had an iron man at center. Even with deke yr to yr for the last 3, they rockets didnt have time. Now all of a sudden, we're going to get a starting center? Ok.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Maybe this Fesenko kid has a future in this league. Maybe he doesn't. All I know is he's probably the worst FT shooter I've ever seen. I mean, we're talking about 30 percentile range. You may say "so what?" now but in the event this kid ever develops into a steady rotation player (much less a starter), the idea of "Hack a Fesenko" being employed by the other team has a STRONG chance of actually working.

Kind of disturbing if you ask me.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Damn Right!

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We aren't going to trade for Dally. He's a huge expiring contract that will be bought out by Sacramento. No trade for Dally. Move on. If we get him it will be for league minimum after the buyout. Move on. Move on.

13. steddinotayto

I'm going out on a limb here but what if JeVale McGee was available? Would you guys consider obtaining him even if we had to absorb a bad contract, like Kirk Hinrich's 2years/18 mil left?

McGee, IIRC, will be a restrict free agent next season, young, and one hell of a defender.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's good that Morey is looking for what we need. But I am worried that he may succumb to the pressure and make a move just to make a move. If we are to acquire a center, I want that player to be much better than Hayes, Hill, and Miller. Giving up assets to get a raw 7-footer just to show that Morey is addressing the need is not a good thing (unless that raw guy really has some serious upside).

15. Ramathorn006

Meh, I wouldnt mind, he would be nice.

If I was Morey I would trade the house for DeMarcus Cousins lol.

Totally rebuild around him and Terrence Williams.

/pipedream.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'd consider it, but wouldn't that make Lee a bit redundant?

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'd take a deal like that in a heartbeat, even if we had a give up Scola. Hinrich is a much better PG than anyone we have when you consider his offensive and defensive skills en toto. McGee has been criticized for his low basketball IQ, but he has athleticism and potential in spades.

18. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

SMH....SMH...

19. steddinotayto

For the Wizards? They have Wall and Nick Young as their only REAL guards. Maybe Hinrich and Lee are redundant but Hinrich's getting paid almost 8 times as much as Lee right now :grin: so this would be a salary shedding move for the Wizards.

For the Rockets? Not really since Hinrich can run the PG position and can be that "taller" PG we can utilize alongside Martin. IMO, he's the "steady hand" that we can use at the PG slot. He's a nice defender (though not as good as he once was) and can shoot.

I'm sure if we said "We'll take Lewis and his $40 mill owed with McGee" the Wizards wouldn't even blink and have both packing ASAP.

20. steddinotayto

I would give up Scola for McGee simply because I think both can complement eachother real well--a scoring PF with a defensive center to anchor the defense.

McGee might not be all there in terms of BBIQ, I agree, but we just need the guy to rebound and defend without hacking and fouling everyone that gets into the paint like Hill does.