1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Mention About Udonis Haslem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Alston and scrubs is not that good to warrant a Haslem calibur type player. Let's not forget Haslem played a major role during their championship run. He plays defense, can make shots, and rebounds. Everything you would want in a PF. Ideal one next to Yao.

Actually I don't they would accept that.

Rafer+Luther+Novak, 07 1st for Haslem. Haslem is the final piece and you overpay to get it.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Alston/Novak for Haslem. I feel like a tape recording.

1. They need a point guard. Bad. They have a small % of actually getting Juan Navarro (I seriously doubt division rivals, the Wizards, would give him away without asking for a King's ransom).

2. They need perimeter shooting. The best perimeter shooter they have that's on contract is Antoine Walker. Without consistent perimeter shooting, all they have is an inside game and that's not going to do them any good with Wade coming back from shoulder surgery.

3. Frees up some of the logjam for us. Trading Rafer would whittle down the rotation at the PG spot to 3 and putting Novak into the deal would free up the spot for Haslem (I would have preferred trading Head away but I doubt the Heat would want him moreso than Novak)

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

I'm all for getting Haslem but THAT is a ridiculous deal. Salaries-wise, that's already not going to work and that means we will have to take back a contract that we probably don't want/need (i.e. Jason Williams). Haslem is a good player but he's not worth nothing more than Rafer and a shooter (Head or Novak). You have to look at Miami's situation and realize that they are desperate for a PG while we aren't THAT desperate for a PF (Scola/Hayes/Landry). I rather have a platoon at the PF slot than to "overpay" for Haslem.

4. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

If I'm the Heat, I'd want both Alston and Head cause they are weak at guard besides having Wade.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

It is? I ran it at RGM Trade checker and it worked... :confused:

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Really? Hmm. Apologies to you then. I STILL think that giving up three players (albeit just role players but they are still contributors) AND a 1st rounder for Haslem is too much. I hope that under Morey, we don't trade any more of our future draft picks like how we have been doing for the past, oh, 10 years.

7. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

Rafer, Head, Novak for Haslem works salary wise in the Trade Checker, don't see why Williams would be added considering his contract is something like $9 million so who knows what the Rox would have to add to the deal to take on his contract, plus Williams' contract is an expiring deal which I'm sure the Heat would keep to trade at the deadline or something but the Rox won't have to take back any contract if it's Rafer, Head, Novak for Haslem.

8. saleem

saleem Member

Say no to Doleac. If Head and Skip are acceptable to the Heat for Haslem, do it. If Hayes plus Skip gets it done, do it. I doubt that they would want Novak.

9. Relativist

Relativist Member

Alston, Head for Haslem makes sense to me. Either side can throw in a pick to adjust any perceived disparities in talent level.

A potential bonus to this trade for Miami is that they could sign Chuck Hayes as PF depth (to replace Haslem) with an implicit agreement from us not to match.

The only thing that would make such a trade less than perfect for me is that we would have two potential starters at PF, neither of whom can play backup center.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Of course Head is the better overall player when compared to Novak, but having Novak is a better fit for Wade. There were many, many times last season (while Shaq was down) that Kapono and Wade were on court together because it worked. Wade penetrates, breaks down the defense, and Kapono is open at the 3 point line. I think having Head on the court with Wade puts more pressure on Wade to handle the ball (because they realistically can't run a Alston/Head/Wade trio on the floor and expect success) which Miami probably doesn't want to happen.

11. abundance

abundance Member

This was mentioned on Thursday by somebody with an inside source. I hope the take it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=3039439#post3039439

12. Showtizzle2642

nice kanye reference

man udonis would be awesome then we'd have even more depth... if the wiz can pull this off i'm gonna take off my clothes and do laps of joy around the block!

13. mbiker

mbiker Member

I can see this trade happening, especially since Rafer was a fan favorite when he was with Miami. My guess is that Riley probably wants Snyder as well. If Morey can make this happen, I will be a MOF (Morey Only Fan).

14. abundance

abundance Member

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

I think the only thing holding this up is that Riley's trying to get Navarro to force the Wizards to trade him to Miami. Which I doubt will happen unless Miami is willing to part with at least a 1st Rounder.

16. saleem

saleem Member

I understand your reasoning.I feel that Head could come off the bench with Williams or Skip.Novak is unproven,and failed to take advantage of the situation
    last year which makes it harder to trade him for Haslem.

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Haslem would be a dream come true, but if there's one person to pull it off its Morey!

18. solid

solid Member

If we got Haslem, good grief.....Sura faints!

19. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

Morey would deserve all the praise if he could pull a deal off for Haslem.

20. rnbni99a

rnbni99a Member

dam...if morey pulls this off, he's the fukin man!