1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McGrady, Rockets send mixed signals on return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket4Life11, Nov 9, 2009.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Not to digress from pointing out how much of an idiot McGrady is

but....

what's your previous moniker?

2. htowndown

htowndown Member

This time I have confidence in McGrady having a good return.

He at least deserves a chance to prove himself.
    Now if he starts sucking then I can see why we need to get rid of him.

I am really excited about his return!

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if tracy hasn't discussed this with the team, he's in the wrong here. this is something that is up to the team, not to him. he needs to shut up.

4. HoustonRockets

Although he should communicate through the team, I believe he will be back before the end of November regardless of all this BS

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Relax buddy, he didn't say HE WAS going to play, he said he feels ready to play ON THE 18th.

He didn't say, PLAY ME NOW. He basically said I feel ready to go on the 18th.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Seriously, why is T-Mac doing this in his contract year? Isn't he doing the exact opposite of what players do? That is, shut up and play the good soldier and pretend you care about the team? Usually players wait until AFTER the big contract before blowing up.

Seems like T-Mac still thinks he's a top 5 player, and acting like he deserves to be treated as one.

7. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

funny how a 4-2 start can make you want to dump a perrenial all-star post-Grover.

8. t_mac1

he should let the team announce it, not him.

i think he's just eager to play. he feels ready. and tracy must have been through practices with the team now (why would he lie about something as trivial as that?).

the team, well, should just trade him if they don't want to play him and avoid all this drama.

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

McGrady didn't learn a thing from last year.

10. htowndown

htowndown Member

We really don't have enough evidence to conclude any facts.
    Over the next few days I'm sure the Rockets organization or news source will let us know whats up.

11. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

If the Rockets were 0-6 many of us would feel the same.

12. htowndown

htowndown Member

Well who says he didn't? Just because he says he is going to be ready a week before scheduled isn't a big deal.
    If doctors say he is not ready then he probably will not play.

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

True, but its not as bad as people think. I'm still confused of what's going on, and I hope they settle this **** soon.

14. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Like I've said before and I'll say it again.

Tracy is like that gold digging girlfriend that always wants to be taken care of. But, at the same time never puts forth effort towards the relationship.

It's all about me and some things will never change.

15. Majinalchemy

Majinalchemy Member

I'm starting to think that everyone here is dissing on Tracy because it's what others are doing, you all stopped formulating your own opinions. I see a lot of someone complaining about T-Mac, and they get their rep up; even when they just rephrase the same things over and over.

Tracy was getting fat and useless earlier, but at least he got up off his ass and worked his ass off and "blacked out" doing it. And then after all this, you decide you want to "throw him out on his a**" without giving him a chance to play. And when he's anxious to play and prove that he's not just a black hole for millions of dollars, you say he needs to "stfu."

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't get such strong opinions as simple-minded and ignorant as "throw him out on his a**," without seeing what he's become first. Especially not 5 pages of it.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

a day after the "t-mac for kmart" rumor he comes out and says hes ready to play. t-mac must read clutchfans :D

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is funny how guys blow this thing up. Dude wrote an email and answered couple of questions.

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

Agreed. What i wonder is what Morey's stats say about McGrady. They can't say he is a winner otherwise his stats wouldn't mean crap. McGrady has got to be a loser in his book, and by the way he can't keep his mouth shut, he is in more ways than one! He's out of here!

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just because he worked with Grover is not a guarantee of him returning to elite status.

20. t_mac1

dude, that's not even a rumor. and he knows there is a possibilty of being traded from last year alone.

i think the situation is like this:

the team just had a full practice. tracy practiced with the team the whole way through. he felt great about how he practiced. he talked to doctors himself or whatever and they said he is doing great. and they probably did say he'll come back soon and probably did give him that 11/18 date. there are around 9 days since that day and they probably can squeeze in practices here and there for him. they'll work him back slowly (10 minutes -> 15...)

the rockets want to BE SURE and COMPLETELY SURE (morey never denied the 11/18 date) before they announce it publicly (they can announce his return at the last moment if they wanted to).

tracy with his big ass mouth thinks it's a done deal and told yahoo i'm ready to play. and now here we are.