1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McGrady, Rockets send mixed signals on return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket4Life11, Nov 9, 2009.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hmmmm There might be more than one. :p

2. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Is five days really that big of a deal? Give him an MRI on the 17th, let him play limited min's until the full practice on the 23rd, and if everythings good with his knee, fully activate him. I dont see what the big deal is. Sure he handled this wrong, AGAIN, but what can you do. Not everyone is shane battier...

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You have been on the board long enough to know DD is the most irratitional person on the board when concerning tracy than anyone. At least Antisonic stays in the same lane. Classic example is DD crying because he was shut out in the 4th qt going against a zone then the next minute he's saying tracy should use his teammates better. One minute he's not competitve and is faking injuries, the next he should stay away cause he will ruin chemistry. DD changes his mind more than a woman, sorry hayesfan :D.

Bottomline is theree has to be some kind of deal with the insurance money, but that's not his fault. Les makes plenty of money from the cash cow and has money coming from other things, so I don't see the problem here. I never understood the Nov 23rd deal anyway out the blue. Why the 23rd? Only mcgrady can have 4 threads going on at one time when personally, I really don't care. If he wants to play, let him play, and if he's not, we will see it on the court. All this cancer stuff thrown out by DD is just drama king stuff. U caan ask every rocket player and they will tell you they play better with tracy than without. Brooks,scola,all the guys because of the "tilting" of the defense.Let DD tell it, they despise him and can't play with him which straight bs, but DD will have you believe otherwise. I guess we will see soon enough of what might happen. Rick will coach whomever is there and morey will work the media. That's how its been so far.

1 person likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dakota will come up with a new video soon enough :D

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Here is another thing and i'm going to let this ride into the sunset. Tracy is getting his full paychecks every week right now. His value is in the contract itself but the rockets or any team that trades for him can't stop him from playing if he wants to play. Like I said earlier, he could go get a mri on his own, file a greivence and the rockets will have to activate him,cut,or trade him. Either way, he's getting paid. Now if some people think he has more value not even playing, that's ur opinion, but I would rather him play and try to increase anyh value vs seeing him in a suit. He could sit in a suit all season and collecet checks and people would be whining about that.

Anyone that is a salary employee understand how easy it is to mail it in. It doesn't matter, you're getting paid anyway, so why try other than pride?

6. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

if the dude had the kind of pride youre talkin about, we wouldnt be having four of these conversations right now.

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I am willing to give T-Mac some time. I'm hoping he starts off in a very limited role, maybe a quarter to a quarter and half a night. Then let him be the sixth man and if he earns it, let him start. Let us not forget we still have the same core of players that won 22 games in a row (wow that seems like forever ago doesn't it?), and better yet, the same coach. Rick Adelman will make this work.

8. hoyarocketsfan

I agree in an ideal world, but this idea ignores the impact he's going to have on the team's chemistry and flow even if he isn't playing. My example, and don't freak out T-mac apologists, is Mike Vick on the Eagles. Even by barely playing he is a distraction. There are stories about him (like one yesterday) that players have to answer questions about and he messes up the offense when he is in.

Some NBA guy called the Rockets a 5 man symphony, you can't throw T-mac in, off the bench or anywhere, and expect that harmony to be maintained. He's shown us this week he is again ready to put himself before team interests. Why announce anything to distract from what the playres on the floor are doing?

He WILL mess up the chemistry of this team. This team is ONLY winning due to chemistry (certainly not talent). Not worth it.

9. hoyarocketsfan

I'll follow up by saying if we were losing I would be 100% behind Tmac playing as much as he wants.

10. rockets_fanatic

What si wrong with Tracy setting a goal?

This talk about his return ruining our chemistry is also just over dramatization. Yes it is possible he will ruin chemistry. If he feels he needs to prove to himself the team needs him.

However, it is just as plausible he comes back and makes our team stronger. We did go on a 22 game winning streak with him as part of the team.

11. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Imagine What will he say on Rox management after he left? :confused: :confused: Les treats him very well imo

12. aloha

aloha Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah I cant wait to hear it when that day comes. See what BS he might spew. "Well I was ready, they just didnt want me back!"

14. ibm

ibm Member

anyone here in the field of medicine? how's mcgrady healed so fast? i thought the type of surgery he underwent takes a much longer time to recover.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

least extensive microfracture surgery there can possibly be. a normal microfracture surgery usually takes 9-12 months, if not longer. so it's not surprising tracy is healing and recovering so fast.

however, on 11/23, it will be around 9 months so it's not like he's WAAAAAAAAY ahead of schedule.

16. echu888

echu888 Member

Recent post found on ESPN :

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so he really has been practicing with the team and the only thing he needs to improve is his stamina (so he can run the court). so end of november is still best bet.

18. ACL1

ACL1 Member

after watching the offensive perfomrance of Battier, and complete absence of Ariza (Sleepy Floyd resurected ) , I hope the dallas game was a reminder to everyone that says this team does not need McGrady (or anyone like him). after Brooks ran out of gas there was no more offense.