1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron]McGrady fidgets on sidelines as he awaits OK to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Nov 20, 2009.

1. sammy

sammy Member

fixed

I'll be glad when he is out there so all of this "drama" can go away.

2. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Member

Lets say on Nov. 23 he is cleared to play his first game on the 25th against the Mavs. He re-injures himself. All trades would be off and no team would trade for an injured Tracy.

Then we would be forced to let his contract expire. We won't get nothing in return and he gets to sign with another team.

Tracy does have history with announcing injuries to the media and I can see this as a way for him to stick it to the organization.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But, I think the Rockets are taking the right approach.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Someone explain to me, isn't it a good thing that McGrady wanted to come back on the 42nd game?

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

actually probably not i am sure that would make a lot of cash strapped teams happy. Insurance would pay 80% of his salary in games he doesnt play in. so you have a huge expiring contract and you could have 80% of it paid by someone else? It would save teams tens of millions.

how much useable talent though we'd get in return is questionable. But if lets say if Tracy reinjuries himself at any point from now till end of Jan and he is out for a prolonged period of team till the rest of the year I am sure DM's phones are gonna be ringing like crazy by GMs of a few teams they just wont readily admit it that they just want that contract and nothing to do with the player himself

5. Jordan16Htown

Jordan16Htown Member

6 man?? u crazy... T-mac will start! Shane can come off the bench Ty

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No.

Mcgrady hasn't proven anything for over a year. Rather than his 30% shooting and no defense, i prefer a completely offensively inept guy like battier that defends his man

7. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Member

I see what you're saying. I just hope the Rockets don't get screwed in the end.