1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron]McGrady fidgets on sidelines as he awaits OK to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Ketchup&Mustard

If he's really ready to play and wants to be a TEAM player and help the TEAM win, then I understand his frustration. The thing is, I don't believe this is truly what Mcgrady's motives are. He's selfish and self-serving just as he's always been. He wants to get back on the floor to help HIMSELF. Basically, he knows he's going to get traded or that his contract will just expire, so he wants as much time as possible to get out on the court and increase his value. He's auditioning for free agency. I don't think we should give Mcgrady that chance for all the things he's put this franchise through. Granted the injuries were not under his control, I still believe he has a lack of heart, determination, and team emphasis that have made him a cancer to this team. He hasn't pulled a Ron Artest or Stephen Marbury of the old days, but he has been almost Allen Iverson-esque in the way he's brought this team down by his attitude and self-serving tendencies. He just want's his last big pay day...

2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can I get an Amen!!!!!

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Speculate much? Maybe he just wants to put all his hard work in the offseason to use....I mean that is his job.

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

his job is to help the team win. at this point, i think the team wins more with him sitting on the bench or at home.

5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

You're kidding, right? The only way I see T-Mac here next year if he signs a one year deal for mid-range money. No way he is signed for multiple seasons and another max contract is laughable.

6. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Its hard to belive that some people here are worried about tmac taking too many shots or messing up team chemistry...and Ariza is not...i mean the guy is jacking up threes like there is no tommorow and turning the ball over constantly...I would much rather have mcgrady handling the ball and being the playmaker out there...If mcgrady is "Hungry" like he says he is, then he will play hard and have fun out there with his team..if not, sit him and let his contract expire or trade him for draft picks and bigs...

7. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

ariza is improving as a player. in kevin durant's first couple of years with a scoring load placed on him, he did the same things ariza is doing. letting ariza go through this will make him a better player in the future.

on the flip side, tracy is clearly declining, and he won't be back next year, so why do you want to give those shots to tracy? wouldnt you rather allow ariza to develop for the future?

8. 1individual

1individual Member

How can you compare Ariza to Durant, OMG I'm shocked at how silly this board has become.

9. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

are you serious?

this is ariza's first year with a scoring load, right?

do you remember durant's first year with a scoring load? do you remember what his shooting was like?

a young player has to shoot to learn. so give ariza his shots. it's not a hard concept.

i'm shocked at how silly your comment is.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

why not? It's a business afterall, and les is infatuated with tmac and star power. Tmac still has that on reputation alone. If tmac shows "hes back", which is still a possible outcome, les will jump at the opportunity to re-sign him, especially if they don't get a good offer during the year and are left with no more than 5-7 mill this summer to use via FA on one player.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, the positive thing is that he is showing that he really wants to play. I don't think we ever saw that determination last year. Hell, I don't think he's ever wanted to play this bad since he got to Houston. I don't think its a ploy for a new contract because what difference would a week or two make in his comeback contract season? I genuinely feel he is eager to play again. But I'm sure the Rockets are wondering the same thing, is his body ready as T-Mac says he is?

12. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Member

I'm not sure about your driving, but your basketball knowledge
    sucks!

13. tomato

tomato Member

I think you're taking the idea of the Chron needing to have a certain obligation to the Rockets organization too far. I think it only extends as far as Jonathan Feigen can report what he sees, instead of speculation given by a player's handlers, like another site can(Yahoo). Not to take anything away from the outside sources, of course.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good reporting calls for listening and digging to find the truth.

DD

15. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

They might be doing this to humble him in a way. Not to disrespect him but maybe to let him know that this is not his team anymore and if he wants to play he has to play within the system. Rick seems like a very easy going and reasonable guy so there has to be an underlying reason why he is not allowing him to play...

16. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

LMAO, blame it on the "wrap/brace"

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Almost a fair point, but when has TMac ever "brought us to the bottom"? If anything he gets more out of a team, but in a way that may not be agreeable to Adelman. Just my two cents.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is a great point. Many people are starting to project their feelings onto the court. Just because Ariza may have a more agreeable personality doesn't necessarily mean he should be shooting 22 a game. Maybe 15 for TMac and 10 for Ariza.

19. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i'll put my knowledge of the game and the rockets up against yours any day.

watch me be right, again.

20. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

again, do you really want to stunt the growth of a player you are committed to for the long term (ariza) to benefit a player that you are not committed to, and clearly do not have in your long term plans (tracy)?

also, not having tracy benefits the whole team, as they are forced to play a team oriented offense, as opposed to the "let tracy do things" model they were using before.