1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron]McGrady fidgets on sidelines as he awaits OK to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Nov 20, 2009.

1. number22

number22 Member

thats not mentally being a cancer. he hasn't been able to play in nba game in over a season and a half now. the guy just wants to play. he went from being a top 10 player in the league to a very distant shell of himself last season. i can see it from both sides he's anxious to get back (contract year, prove last year was fluke) rockets wanting to be cautious (collect insurance money, he's not in the future plans)

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes yes yes...the organization has no motivation to play the guy, they have moved on....that is what it looks like to me.

DD

3. Mr Chuck Norris

So when Kobe was a Free agent, and we was all about Packed to go to the Bulls, he didn't deserve a second chance with the organization, He put the Lakers through 10 times more hell than T-Mac did with Houston. And the gave him a chance, look what happened for them. And how about the times he gave himself for his team, Playing on one leg ans shoulder in the playoffs. There was a time that we couldn't win **** without him. Some of y'all have selective memory.

4. worzel gummidge

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/11/20/tracy-mcgrady-reportedly-puts-on-game-uniform-demands-answers/

5. number22

number22 Member

i agree to a certain extent. i think they are ready to move on but haven't fully committed. i think they still wanna see if he has any value as a player left too. but there's only one way to find that out.

6. DaDakota

They know Tracy is probably gone after this season, what benefit is it to the team to let him play?

They get a few more wins but Chase gets less development time. Brooks has the ball taken out of his hands, Lowry too, and the shots and possessions that Ariza needs are lessoned.

In a holding pattern year, Tracy does NOTHING but slow down progress.

Time to jettison this prima donna.

DD

7. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Yeah. I heard on 610 that if he miss 42 consecutive games disable insurance will reimburse 80% of his salary or something like that. Of course Les will order Morey to sit him.

8. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

"Adelman's silent insouciance (also seen in the fourth quarter of big games, unfortunately) probably makes McGrady feel underappreciated, or brushed aside."

Had to look it up:

Function: noun
    Etymology: French, from in- + soucier to trouble, disturb, from Old French, from Latin sollicitare — more at solicit
    Date: 1799
    : lighthearted unconcern : nonchalance

1 person likes this.
  9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Oh come on. He has played in 7 all stars game, he has won 2 scoring titles and haven't yet got past the 1st round. He deserves a comeback, at least a chance to show that he can come back.

If the Rockets don't want him, Trade him.

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If you were paying a guy 23 million dollars a year would you just say Ok I don't want him I'll trade him for a bag of chips? I don't think so.

11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just a matter of time................He'll never play for us again.

13. DaDakota

Maybe, just maybe Adelman has been watching and does not agree with this assessement, particularly as far as moving off the ball and playing defense.

This is what I meant by could get ugly, Tracy may feel he is ready, but the coach may not agree...

This is a completely different style of play, and hustle is a huge part, Tracy has NEVER been known as a guy who goes all out.

If that is the bar that Adelman has set for him, prepare for a long drawn out stand off.

DD

14. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

except that you are wrong.

the tracy situation is like an iceberg. just like the part of an iceberg you see is small compared to the size of the overall thing, what we have been "told" is a tiny, tiny part of it compared to whats actually been happening behind the scenes.

and don't give me that "he played hurt" bullcrap. EVERY NBA player plays hurt. tracy just blames his injuries for his failures because he doesn't want to admit that he's just a loser with a piece of crap work ethic that doesn't deserve any success.

15. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Hustle is great and will go a long way to helping you win a game, but 2 things: 1. Its not something mcgrady cant do and 2. The biggest moments in a game usually require something. Something much different than hustle. It usually requires your most talented player stepping up and making a play against the other teams most talented player. Everytime we have gotten into these situations this year, its painfully obvious that we lack that element. And that element is perhaps the biggest difference between winning and losing in the NBA.

16. DaDakota

Agreed, but Tmac has a one year contract, and the Rockets have no control over him signing again.

So, why play him at all, when they can develop other players and see if they have that special talent for those situations?

This team is built for next year, not this year, no need to ever play Tmac again.....it doesn nothing for the good of the Houston Rockets.

DD

17. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets' main goal is make this year's team be sound and solid for next year.

Tmac would only take away from that... He's not in their future and he knows it.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

1. there's obviously something there because his sweat line stops there, so it's a wrap/brace.

2. even if there wasn't, that's far from a belly, and some guys' stomach can pop out slightly like that even with a six pack, with his scoliosis i wouldn't be surprised if his abdominals didnt lay completely straight..

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

because Budinger is not going to develop into a player who'll consisntelty show up in the playoffs in a year. Ariza won't be the 18-20 ppg guy consistently and efficiently in one year either. We actually need tmac or someone similar and someone similar isn't showing up via FA.

20. DaDakota

What is funny to me is that you have Yahoo out there reporting the friction and JF from the Chronicle doing the PC thing.....

I mean, thank God for Yahoo...at least we get some truth and not just a one sided dumbed down account.

DD