1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron]McGrady fidgets on sidelines as he awaits OK to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Nov 20, 2009.

1. tinywang

tinywang Member

tmac has no right to complain.

where the hell was he when WE needed him last season!?? he didn't even bother to tell inform the organization first. instead, everyone heard it from steven a. smith.

it's not that i don't want to see tmac in action but as of now, i really don't think he has any say.

2. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

why not? What if they get 3 million odd as insurance money. that settles the money spent on acquiring the draft picks. good move IMO.

but yeah.. pure speculation on my part. there are so many theories floating around on the board, i dunno which one to believe..

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

He was limping through games and hurting, no, KILLING us on the defensive end. Didn't you see any games last season?

4. worzel gummidge

i'm going to believe adelman. t-mac said he was back last season but we all know what happened...

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I find it funny how they're trying to hype up the Rockets training staff by saying that Eto is working on the muscles he didn't use last year or whatever. Any success T-Mac has this year will be attributed to Tim Grover. I do not hold the Rockets training and medical staff in high regard.

6. tinywang

tinywang Member

maybe but even before that, it was clear there was no effort. he even admitted on the jim rome show that he had lost passion for the game. and yes, i did see the games. i went to last years new years game against the bucks and all he did was chill near the half court line. he quitted on the team.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

difference: he's been PAIN-FREE for months. when tmac wasn't in pain last year (after a few weeks off of no pressure on the knee or taking anti-inflammatory shots), he was actually playing pretty well.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"my palms is just like sweatin profusely.....i can just feel all that bling cheddar from my next contract drippin thru my appendages.....this time next year man, i wanna get me a jacuzzi full of money sacks just like in ducktales"

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

Well, TMAC needs to shrink his big belly, trim down to competitive shape and form, show Rick Adelman that he can run the court before putting up all these war cries of I'm dying to be back.

This was a photo less than a week ago in Sacramento when he was sort of running up and down the court.

Look at his big belly !!! :mad:

[​IMG]

10. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Good point. I do recall him looking pretty good one game then just plain horrible the next.

I just can't wait till he hits the court so we can finally get some answers. Too many assumptions out there.

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

I'm for one is happy that Tracy is hungry to play. It looks like hes ready to prove a lot of people wrong, but I hope he's not rushing it.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

if you think tracy has a "big belly," carmelo anthony must be fat to you. have you seen his belly?

he looks fine physically.

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

Looks like he need to do some sit ups or crunches asap.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i see trouble brewing in the distance if mac doesnt play soon

15. Depressio

Depressio Member

As well as we've played thus far, McGrady is still, unfortunately, a wildcard. He can bring us to another level with his passing/scoring ability, or bring us down to the bottom with his ball-stopping ability and corrosive personality.

I'm anxious and worried to see how it will play out, quite honestly.

16. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

that is his twenty packs of muscles sticking out.....six packs are for suckers

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Possible motives...

Morey may want... insurance money, to see his experiment with 40 mil pan out, to not have an in and out McGrady back ruining the team, etc.

McGrady: put the uniform to put pressure on the team to let him play.

Not sure about what's going on... I do know that McGrady's idea of a full practice and Morey's are vastly different I'm sure. I bet Mac takes the "full" practice light still and does his own thing.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's probably that wrap he uses to keep his back warm.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He is wearing something.

If he is not, then Houston we have another problem.

20. Dei

Dei Member

Why not just indulge the team's request to have the knee checked out on the 23rd? It's not like the team doesn't have a genuine reason to hold you back and, more importantly, it's less than a week away.