1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McGrady excited about 2010 Free Agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 23, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just break everything down to business and wins and losses, try that and you will see where I am coming from.

Tmac should do whatever is in his best interests, as should the Rockets.

DD

2. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

yeah i dont think orlando wants him back. everytime he touches the ball the crowd booed him.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Yeah I noticed that hahah!

I hope a trade will go down in the couple of days that are coming. Hopefully a Bill Simmons kind of trade...

4. rocketsmetalspd

Can't wait for TMac to get his wishes and play more minutes for a new team. The Rockets and this BBS will see a big difference without TMac.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

really?

he's trying to repair his image with Orlando..

6. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

while burning whats left of it in houston when its his first choice? nah his new PR team is definitely on vacation.

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

By saying that his options are open? After letting it be known that he would choose here first?

Somethings make me laugh

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The NBA is an entertainment business and anyone who talks about integrity and loyalty and anyone who thinks NBA players are role models without sin and completely loyal to their teams are simply kidding themselves. NBA players are humans and as basic selfish human nature, look out for themselves first. Of course there are some exceptions where NBA players stay with one team their entire careers and are genuinely good people, but these are usually few and far between. T-Mac is looking out for himself and if Rox no longer wants him (seems pretty clear they don't to me), then why bother staying? Respect goes two ways and T-Mac went a long way last year throwing that out the window and burning bridges. That said, I will be so happy when T-Mac leaves the Rox and all these T-Mac jock huggers finally leave.

1 person likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Great post.

DD

10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Where does Ariza's 39 minutes per game and shot selection fall on the business of wins and losses spectrum?

I couldn't help but think that McGrady even 6 games in would have done significantly better than Ariza's horrible performance.

I can tell you this. I think that GM and coach ego is bad for the W/L business. How many points do you get for that?

You can play Ariza 100 minutes per game and he still won't develop handles. But, he was Morey's prize off-season signing, so we're throwing good money after bad to see if he can become McGrady-lite. It's not working.

Let's see how the actual McGrady impacts wins and losses.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Smooth,

Feel free to start an Ariza thread, but just because you asked.

I think Ariza has been horrible...simply atrocious...he shoots too much, he can't dribble and his passing is always a half beat behind.

But at least he plays defense....even though half the time it is him reaching as his man blows by......

Now, as for Tmac....he should be playing a lot harder during his 7 minutes to earn more time.

Don't you agree? I mean since Trevor is sucking balls so bad, why not take advantage of it, and play hard and FORCE the coach to play you?

DD

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If Ariza's performance against the Magic was not enough to get the coach to play McGrady, showing 5x the effort McGrady is showing now won't change a thing. During that game, Ariza's defense was mediocre at best, his offense was just absolutely atrocious. It might take Ariza scoring in his own basket three times in a row before RA even toys the idea of subbing Ariza for McGrady.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You don't get it do you? McGrady is not really an option, he is like 4th or 5th on the depth chart because he is not healthy.....mentally or physically.

He does not help the team win.....sure he can pass, but at .368FG% he doesn't score that much and his D is putrid.....

So, at best he is treading water.....in a year in which we are not a contender, so he is taking time away from guys that will be here next year and need the reps.

Bye bye Tracy....good riddance.

DD

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Can we get this bum off of our team already?

Disgrace to the uniform.

15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

He's getting PT b/c Budinger is out. Even though those minutes belong to Jermaine Taylor, but hey, it is the almighty tmac.

if wittle twacey wants to pway then wet him pway.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

No, I don't think you get one bit of what I or you were saying previously. You claimed he should take advantage of Ariza's failures in order to get playing time, but the Magics game was evident that no matter how hard McGrady tries or how low Ariza falls, RA will not give McGrady any additional minutes.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Tracy SUCKED during that game too....

If he would put together 3 solid games where he hustled consistently he would earn more time.

But you see, he is TMAC, he thinks he should get more time because, well he is TMac.

That is the problem......

Play hard, or don't play at all?

DD

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Did you watch the game at all?

McGrady was 1-4, with one missed lay up which should've easily been called a foul and an assist. The only problem was his defense, which he still needs adjusting to.

If you asked anyone, they will tell you they'd rather try putting McGrady in to get some offense going than watch Ariza hog the ball for another minute in that game.

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm teams will be standing in line to offer max contracts to a guy who has quit on the last 2 teams he's played for at one time or another.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Guys, don't ever do that. You're not gonna win with DD. He's the best!